• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Multiple issues & questions

B

bioflame

please bear with me my friends.

I have noticed my front teeth shifting a lil bit. I am 62. What could be happening? Gum Disease?My gums dont bleed and arent reddened. Bone disease? I havent had a deep cleaning in 14 years - could that be the issue?Im so scared. I have underlaying health issues. I have insomnia, breathing problems and am hell on wheels with Menopause.
Thx for any advice :)
Sandi

Hi Sandi,

Commonly teeth will tend to 'splay' a bit if you have lost some bony support through gum disease. Think of it like having foundations to your teeth which become soft.. a leaning tower of Pisa effect.

Also, if you have lost some back teeth - there is more pressure on the front ones. This is why dentists are so keen to save teeth if possible. The back ones protect the front ones, and vice versa - a mutually protective occlusion. Lovely.

Anyway, sounds like you need to have the foundations of your teeth looked at - especially if you haven't had a clean for a long time. Gum disease is very treatable and the hygienist will be able to give you some tips for homecare to stop it getting worse.

Hope that helps :)

Back