• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My anxiety level is getting worse and I feel scared of my pending appoitment

R

riber3

My life has been ruined by as I was told by one dentist bad dna in fact when he looked at me I felt like I was something he wanted to shoot and put out of its misery and those feeling still haunt me even now.

In the meantime I am due to have 2 loose upper teeth removed and 2 more more added to my very worn denture. Even though are loose they do not cause me trouble and sometimes I think they should be left alone as they haven't fallen out.

Additionally my bottom part denture I have always struggled with. Because when in my top set want t fall out all the time and I find it difficult to talk let alone eat so I don't know what to do for the best.
I wish I could have bottom implants but I was advised against it. I just feel scared desperate and lost

Hi riber3,
So sorry that you are in such a low place at the moment :grouphug:. You mentioned trouble with denture fit and that they are very worn. Have you looked into a reallign? The shape of your mouth can change over time causing seriously problems with fit down the road and sometimes, the fit was just never correct to begin with. They should not be wanting to fall out when both uppers and lowers are in your mouth.

Many thanks for your reply but I suppose my main worry is about having 2 more teeth out still I suppose it has to be done whether I like it or not

Hi! Wondering why you were advised against bottom implants? Might it be worthwhile to get a second opinion? I understand how you feel-I am going to the dentist for the first time in literally DECADES on Friday and I am very anxious. But this forum really helps! Hope all goes well for you!

Hi! Wondering why you were advised against bottom implants? Might it be worthwhile to get a second opinion? I understand how you feel-I am going to the dentist for the first time in literally DECADES on Friday and I am very anxious. But this forum really helps! Hope all goes well for you!
Thank you for your kind words. I was advised by my dentist that lower implants cause a lot of problems for upper dentures and that most of the time as a combination they fail. I did ask for a second opinion and they stated the same. I sincerely hope all goes well with your appointment and I agree that this site is very helpful

Jen615 I hope it goes well for you at your appointment!!

My life has been ruined by as I was told by one dentist bad dna in fact when he looked at me I felt like I was something he wanted to shoot and put out of its misery and those feeling still haunt me even now.

In the meantime I am due to have 2 loose upper teeth removed and 2 more more added to my very worn denture. Even though are loose they do not cause me trouble and sometimes I think they should be left alone as they haven't fallen out.

Additionally my bottom part denture I have always struggled with. Because when in my top set want t fall out all the time and I find it difficult to talk let alone eat so I don't know what to do for the best.
I wish I could have bottom implants but I was advised against it. I just feel scared desperate and lost

Riber 3,

I would also be very put off by that dentist above that told you that , that bedside manner and words would make me sick sorry he had said that. Did you get a different dentist that has better chairside manner to do the work? I have had these type of comments myself and it doens't help at all. It only makes me run. and freeze. I hope you have found someone that is kinder. It is good you got a second opinoon to validate the first. I know it still doesn't really make the process or thought easier. You definately have support here and alot of people who are here to help and know what this is like to go through. I don't have answers but I do have empathy and support. Do you have another appt?

Yes I have an appointment this coming Monday and I am very nervous about the extraction of the 2 teeth but I know I must go through with it

Hi,
Can you get a second opinion about the lower implants?
Do you have any teeth in the lower jaw? If there are no teeth there, I don’t know why the dentist said it will damage the upper denture?

Hi,
Can you get a second opinion about the lower implants?
Do you have any teeth in the lower jaw? If there are no teeth there, I don’t know why the dentist said it will damage the upper denture?
I have a part lower and a part upper denture. I have my own lower teeth central t my mouth but a few have become looser and TBH I have used superglue to keep them stable. I think I recall being told about bone loss but mainly that lower implants tend to break upper dentures and also are more prone to infection. I cannot wear the lower denture for long as mentioned above and I have only ever tried eating with them once and it was horrible.

Thanks for being so supportive and helpful! I will be sure to post an update on Friday evening!
I look foward to reading it and again best of luck for tomorrow

I have a part lower and a part upper denture. I have my own lower teeth central t my mouth but a few have become looser and TBH I have used superglue to keep them stable. I think I recall being told about bone loss but mainly that lower implants tend to break upper dentures and also are more prone to infection. I cannot wear the lower denture for long as mentioned above and I have only ever tried eating with them once and it was horrible.
Have you ever considered extracting the lower front teeth? Are the upper teeth stable enough?

Have you ever considered extracting the lower front teeth? Are the upper teeth stable enough?
I can only act upon the information provided to me by the dentists I have seen and since I am not a dentist myself I cannot answer your question> all I would like is the best dental care I can afford and for someone to be honest enough with me about my options

Back