• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My blood clot fell out?! Help!

M

Meera

I had my 2 right side wisdom teeth removed on the 24th which was 6 days ago. Well on the 5th day (yesterday) I went to a dinner party around 9 and though it would be okay to have some real food since I've been living off applesauce and protein shakes this whole time. I didn't eat anything crunchy just shredded fish which I barely chewed, I just swallowed it and half a meatball all of which I chewed on my left side. This was Indian food btw. I got home around 11 and decided to do my saltwater rinse and go to bed I put 3 pillows up since idk how long I'm supposed to sleep elevated?. I thought I was fine since at the party I had no bleeding but when I got into bed around 12 I felt strange so I put a tissue up to my mouth and tongue to catch some saliva since I know I can't spit and there was BLOOD! However, nothing was painful. I immediately but a damp gauze in my mouth to form another clot and then a tea bag for 15 minutes which helped most of the bleeding. It's 9:30 in the morning now I just had my pennicilin and a protein shake. There is no pain or blood coming out. Am I okay? What could have caused this? Do I need to wait another 7 days for this to heal since it was bleeding? What precautions should I take now?

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

You should be fine now after 6 days, I don't know why your gum would bleed except they can be a bit tender sometimes if food does catch. I think your gum just needs to toughen up now. If you are in pain or have a nasty taste or are worried go and see your dentist just to be sure.

You should be able to eat as normal now and sleep normally, you can carry on rinsing if your gum feels a bit sore it an do no harm. :butterfly:

Thank you! Does any one else have any theories just in case?

Caroles explaination is good.
remember a tiny bit of blood goes a long way when diluted with saliva so things always look worse than they really are.

Back