• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My Christmas Crown

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
So.. just thought I'd share.. I'm going in for a special gift to myself tomorrow. A crown , my dentist who I trust and think dearly of and worked with for last year and a half and has helped me with my dental anxiety and fear enormously , is ready after a few months of work on it.

I wanted to share because my dear dentist knew my fears of losing any more teeth and has worked heroically to help me with a crown for the last few months... this is the 3rd round. First wasn't good enough, second wasn't, he wanted it perfect for me and wasn't satisfied until it was. Well, I asked if it would be ready before Christmas and he said it should be , couldn't guarantee but he would try his best to get it for me before Christmas.

Well. Tomorrow morning I get my Christmas crown, I wondered if I should do it Christmas eve morning, but.. I thought this will be perfect timing as hard as he tried for me. I will get it on with his partner because I found he is transitioning in life and working on something different, in the meantime. I was glad to be able to meet his partner and work with him and know he is competant and caring for his patients although I don't have all the experience. I"m open .. and .. thankful to be in a good place . Its sad in a way my dentist who worked heroically couldn't put on the final crown.. but.. it is all happening in a good way and I'm thankful so..

I hope you will all have a good holiday , Christmas, New years or whatever you celebrate, and if it is a very hard time of year or day for you, I wish you peace and comfort in this time.

Glad everything has gone well so far and I hope getting the crown goes/went well too. Sounds like you've come a long way :respect:

Awesome!

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you to you all ! It has been a journey :) and continues but definitely feel very blessed to get the right people to help for the anxiety to get better and build positive momenton. I had a great appt and the whole team was awesome and cared for me in a great way , the dentist did a completely.... pain free anesthetic shot. I didn't even know the needle was in. I was impressed. Then did a bit of adjusting and got on the crown. It was hard to tell about the bite with being numb and my bite is weird in the first place.. so I"ll see how it goes eating and such the next couple days, but the crown matches the others my dentist did which is a goal of mind to get matching teeth. I have about 5 different colors of teeth so.. all went really well and what a blessing to get my crown for Christmas . :)

Great to hear you managed to get your crown before Xmas, keeping my fingers crossed that your bite is ok :thumbsup:. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas :Santa:!!

Back