• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My first extraction coming soon

Tomorrow morning's the big day, for real this time. I do have one more little question: I'm driving myself there and I plan on maybe getting laughing gas to calm me down (I'm deathly nervous), will I be okay to drive home?

Any other last minute well wishes and tidbits to help me recover ASAP?

Tomorrow morning's the big day, for real this time. I do have one more little question: I'm driving myself there and I plan on maybe getting laughing gas to calm me down (I'm deathly nervous), will I be okay to drive home?

Any other last minute well wishes and tidbits to help me recover ASAP?

I may be late with that, but laughing gas gets out of your system within minutes after you get off the machine, so driving is safe.

Sending you well wishes, keep us posted! :grouphug:

I just came home from the procedure, it was nowhere near as bad as I anticipated. Everyone was friendly, the music was great (My dentist loves his 80s music), and the extraction was like cake. They even let me keep the tooth. I'll post a more in-detail story in the appropriate forum, but I want to thank you all for the support!

I just saw this but so awesome to hear!!! :welldone: :perfect: :wow::dance2:

I figured I'd give a week after update: The site looked like it's healing nicely, but last night a bit of white came from it and while I feel like the gum is closing up, am I still at risk for dry socket this late? I'm not in pain aside from a minute earache that doesn't last. I haven't sucked from a straw and I don't smoke but I did sneeze over the weekend

Whatever you do...do not sneeze ;)
I am a sneezer and was worried about this, luckily I did not continue my normal sneezing but recently I have been sneezing like crazy to make up for it.
Joking aside it all sounds normal especially if you have no pain. Not sure about the 'white' unless it was a bitof food lodged there. Are you still gently swilling your mouth with salt water after meals as I found this removes tiny particles.
To be honest I was never brave enough to check my mouth for the healing process.
You have ended up being very brave :welldone:

I think I'm out of the woods as far as dry socket's concerned. No pain whatsoever. Time to let nature take its course

Back