• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My first Sedation

M

Med1978

I just wanted to share my first experience with sedation. I had 6 teeth extracted last Monday while I was on sedation. There were 5 people including the DDS in the room. I was relieved to know there are 5 people who were going to stay in the room the whole time. Some monitors the vital signs and oxygen. I guess other was just assisting the dr on the tools to give and suction. Anyway, After the lady put the iv in my arm and started the sedation, then another lady put a bite block in my mouth and that's when I dozed off, don't remember anything until the lady woke me up and told me we are done. I was like what? no, I just got here. She smiled and said we are done. Kinda surprise me. It lasted like an hour that's all. I think it was a good experience with sedation.

Hope this will help you guys out there who are nervous about Sedation.

Last edited:
HI Med1978, thank you for sharing and very well done! Five people sounds like a lot, glad it made you feel more safe and taken care of. All the best wishes and a speedy recovery:)

Thank you for sharing! I am starting the process myself and am very nervous, but this story is nice to read. I'm glad you had a good experience!!

Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations on a successful outcome! I can concur that this modern sedation is indeed an absolute godsend and more practices and indeed general medical surgeries should be making more use of it. This really does take the stress out of any difficult procedure, as one simply does not remember it! Hope your recovery and onward treatments go smoothly for you..... Simon XX