• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My journey to a beautiful smile

Copied from my forum post

There are no words to describe how upset I feel right now. Well I had my 10 teeth out on top and yes the injections were hellish but the extractions were not too bad.

as my gums were bleeding so much he gave me my nhs immediate denture and told me to put it in, in about 30 mins. I got home and did just that and thought omg he’s given me the wrong denture. This one has no palate and doesn’t fit. We went back to the dentist and guess what it was the right one, but it’s horrific. It just cannot fit, no palate equals no suction. I really wanted to go mad, but I’m numb, bleeding, I couldn’t talk well. My husband tried but he didn’t really know what was happening.

i texted my dad who has had dentures since the age of 20 and sent him a picture, and he can’t believe it. He phoned the dentist and gave them what for. They’ve phoned me, and in a weeks time when my lower teeth are extracted they are going to redo the impressions.. they’ve promised that they I will have the best dentures.. however it does mean I have no upper teeth for at least 10 days.. I’m so upset about everything.. how can this have happened.

View attachment 2883

Hey guys, so it’s Monday now and I thought I would give an update. The last 72 hours have been a nightmare, and I feel very sad, a little ugly but I guess I am getting through this.

my gums have not been bad at all, a little pain, but gradually healing. Have some pain under my nose, but I think some of the injections were inserted there. On Saturday morning, after speaking with my father I decided to sent my dentist a very strong email, I can’t talk well at the moment without teeth, so writing is a better way of communicating. Thankfully because of my job in a complaints department, I think I can write quite well lol, I’ve picked up tips over the years haha.
Anyway so I put all my thoughts down, and also explained my absolute fear in getting my lower teeth removed if I have absolutely no trust that the lower denture will be ok after the mess of the upper denture. I mentioned that I am sure they were negligent or someone was, in the making of that denture, and how could they ever think that this was going to be ok.. I mentioned what the lovely comfortdentist had said who replied to my forum post.

anyway after sending this, within moments they were back on the phone to me, asking me to come back to the dentist on Tuesday rather than Friday. I think they are now running over themselves to get this fixed for me. I hope so anyway and have promised me a beautiful smile before I have to return to work.

i will post a pic of me wearing the contraption .. you will not believe it, remember this has no palate and you’ll be able too how low the gum line is, how you can see my own gums.. so ridiculous.. there is no hope that thing will stay in my mouth ever.

anyway moving forward, I want this fixed and hopefully I may have an upper denture by Friday that actually works.. fingers crossed for me anyway ?

193FB252-ABE3-4160-A6E7-2C1BABB1208F.jpg

Last edited:
Copied from the forum

Well good news, I’ve been to the dentist and they were very apologetic, at first the dentist was saying that the initial impressions weren’t very good because of my original teeth. However I said well if that’s the case why didn’t you say that and I would have been happy to have my teeth removed and then the impressions made?
that excuse still didn’t explain the lack of palatte. However eventually my dentist did apologise and advise t was a bad job, and now took two new impressions of my top jaw and one more of my bottom jaw.

on Thursday afternoon, my new teeth will be made and both the dentist and the dental technician will be there to make any alterations there and then. Then on Tuesday my bottom teeth will be removed. Both the dentist and I felt I’d been through enough this week without having more extractions.

im feeling hopeful and positive again..but thanks so much everyone for your support, I’m not sure I’d have got through it so well without you guys xx

Well today is the day, will I finally get a well fitting top denture? I really really hope so. I can’t believe how down I have been the last few days, which is just not like me. My self confidence was so low.. even though my natural teeth were awful, and large and looked dreadful, I still smiled every day, but without teeth and no denture I felt flat and sad and ugly.

Fingers crossed for me ??

I know that feeling :( hopefully you'll get it sorted today.

Oh wow I have teeth ? they feel very bulky and huge but I have teeth.. what a relief ? now to get the lower teeth removed next week, but for now I’m happy.. thanks so much everyone

F04DF295-CEC0-439D-A03A-9543D3A4ECC7.jpeg

Oh wow I have teeth ? they feel very bulky and huge but I have teeth.. what a relief ? now to get the lower teeth removed next week, but for now I’m happy.. thanks so much everyone

View attachment 2889
Well done Roxy! They look lovely. Hope the rest goes well for you. Love Simon XX

Back