• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My Journey To a New Smile

Well everything went well it hurt a lot less this time until they pulled the last tooth which hurt like hell they ended up pulling 5 of the 6 teeth as one of the wisdom teeth needs to be pulled by an oral surgeon and which really scares me but none the less on to recovery

@mikey boy

I’m glad to hear everything went well. Why do you think the last one hurt so badly? At least that’s over with :) Congrats!

I think it was a pre molar

@mikey boy
We can do it.
people who have great teeth or even decent teeth do not undertand what we go through.

Im checking in on how it went. I just had the extraction myself and am 1 week out. If you need any support or tips on how to manage post op care im around. i will check this website or try to. :thumbsup!:

Im checking in on how it went. I just had the extraction myself and am 1 week out. If you need any support or tips on how to manage post op care im around. i will check this website or try to. :thumbsup!:
It went pretty well overall it was really hard towards the end the last tooth that they took out was tough and painful enough so that we had to stop once to take a break so that I could get numbed up more and they got five out of the six teeth out one wisdom teeth is still leading and has to be removed by an oral surgeon some kind of nervous about that I really appreciate you checking on me it means a lot

I also have the next appointment set up which is the 16th of next month for my first set of deep cleanings really nervous about that because I’m afraid I’ll need to have my gums fixed from the periodontal disease anybody that has experience in this I would much appreciate any advice on what to expect

@mikey boy

Are these deep cleanings in areas with teeth or with extractions? I’ve had plenty of deep cleanings for periodontal disease (not for extraction areas though) and they just numb you up really well and clean under the gums where there are pockets. I didn’t even know they were technically SRPs (scaling and root planing) bc everyone just said “deep cleanings”. Also recently had gum flap and osseous surgery and even that wasn’t too bad. Nothing to fear! I believe I requested nitrous for my deep cleanings… I request nitrous whenever possible haha

So they are doing deep cleaning on the bottom teeth front teeth on the bottom have the most plaque buildup and gum problems and on top where I have most of my top teeth

Just out of curiosity what was it like when you met you’re hygienist for the first time and are you satisfied with them or did you have to take time to find the right one

@mikey boy

I’m on my 3rd dentist’s office since 2018. I liked the hygienist at the 1st place, but definitely mad no one there ever flat-out told me I had gum disease. She ended up leaving and I did not like the new hygienist.

Didn’t like anyone at the 2nd office.

Now I’m at the 3rd dentist and I really like this office. I think I’ve only had two cleanings at this one so far and they may have been different hygienists… I mostly know the dentist and her assistant (not sure her title).

And going forward I’m supposed to alternate cleanings between my normal dentist’s office and my periodontist.

I think I’m just more critical of the dentists than the hygienists!

I just really hope that i like my hygienist i mean since I’ve been going to my dentist everyone there is supper nice and really comforting so i am sure i will like who ever i get

@mikey boy I’m sure they’ll be great and it’s a very easy procedure! You’ll feel squeaky clean afterwards too 😊 and the 3 month cleanings after that will be a breeze!

Yea that’s what my brother tellls me lol I’m excited for the future

Great to hear that you're healing well @mikey boy 🙂, you're a real inspiration!

There's actually a thread in the FAQs about deep cleaning, have a look here:

Great to hear that you're healing well @mikey boy 🙂, you're a real inspiration!

There's actually a thread in the FAQs about deep cleaning, have a look here:

Thank you so much its amazing to see where i am now compared to a couple of years ago when I wouldn’t of even thought of going to the dentist much less stepping foot inside one so but I’m so excited I can’t wait for the day to come when i can smile again Thank you for all you’r support

So I decided for my next appointment not to do Valium as I don’t think this procedure will be extreme enough to need it and I don’t want to be so reliant that i feel like i need it every step of the way

Am so glad it seems to be going well for you so far! Great news!!

Back