• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My Journey To a New Smile

Am so glad it seems to be going well for you so far! Great news!!
Thank you I at least want to test myself and see if I am actually going to need the Valium or if I can go in and be OK without it so we shall see

Sounds like a great idea if you feel up to it @mikey boy 🙂 ! Hope the hygienist turns out just as nice as the rest of your dental team👍. Do you know who you will be seeing? Is it the same one that looks after your brother?

Sounds like a great idea if you feel up to it @mikey boy 🙂 ! Hope the hygienist turns out just as nice as the rest of your dental team👍. Do you know who you will be seeing? Is it the same one that looks after your brother?
That’s certainly a possibility it most likely though will be someone new though and i would be okay with that too

@mikey boy well that was a huge amount of work that you went through so go easy on yourself and give yourself time to heal.
I wouldn't borrow trouble thinking about periodontal issues right now I think if you just allow your body to heal and be cautious in how you eat lots of salt water rinses you're going to be okay.
💪
It's hugely invasive and overwhelmingly intimidating so I get it you're in the right place we all understand here and relate and care.

and care

@mikey boy well that was a huge amount of work that you went through so go easy on yourself and give yourself time to heal.
I wouldn't borrow trouble thinking about periodontal issues right now I think if you just allow your body to heal and be cautious in how you eat lots of salt water rinses you're going to be okay.
💪
It's hugely invasive and overwhelmingly intimidating so I get it you're in the right place we all understand here and relate and care.

and care
Well the next appointment isn’t for another 3 weeks so I’m definitely taking things easy and just focusing on my healing for now

so I figured today I would give you guys kind of an update on how I’m feeling it’s been three weeks since my last set of extractions and I feel amazing today no pain whatsoever I actually think that this side is healing much faster this time than the other side which might be because I stopped using gauze like a couple hours after the appointment where as last time I had gauze in my mouth all night kind of weird but anyways just thought I would keep you guys updated hope everyone has a great day

You know i am honestly excited for my next appointment I can’t wait to have clean teeth.

Glad you are doing well! keep it up

I think you will look back on this and be grateful you went through the process.
You are young too, and this is all worth it.

I think you will look back on this and be grateful you went through the process.
You are young too, and this is all worth it.
I know i just need to keep a positive mind set and keep my eye on the prize

So not too many more day too go before my next appointment feeling pretty good about it though I’m kinda nervous about meeting my hygienist but if she is anything like the rest of the staff there I will be fine we shall see what happens

DEF0C4C4-10FA-4DA3-98DC-50DDE1729B29.jpeg

So everything went really well the hygienist i got her name was Cindy and she was super nice and gentle and took her time with me explaining everything every step of the way and made sure to be thorough overall i am very happy.

so my next step in the journey to a new smile after my deep cleanings i think will be the root canals and i know i shouldn’t get ahead of my self but I just can’t help it, its freaking me out so much anyone that has had experience with them and can offer any advice it would be much appreciated

so my next step in the journey to a new smile after my deep cleanings i think will be the root canals and i know i shouldn’t get ahead of my self but I just can’t help it, its freaking me out so much anyone that has had experience with them and can offer any advice it would be much appreciated
I never had them done but , my sister says she never felt anything after being numbed .

Well, I got my first bill from the dentist office today for $2300. Which is after insurance paid its portion. I guess I knew at some point. This time would come but I’m really nervous about but i think after my next appointment my journey might have to be put on hold because i really can’t afford to let these bills stack up too much so i might have to pay off some first before i start the next half of my treatment plan

Sorry to hear about the sticker shock @mikey boy, even if you were sort of expecting it. Paying off some of the costs of round 1 first sounds like a good idea, maybe you could let your dentist know and get some tips for keeping things as healthy as possible in the meantime :)

Sorry to hear about the sticker shock @mikey boy, even if you were sort of expecting it. Paying off some of the costs of round 1 first sounds like a good idea, maybe you could let your dentist know and get some tips for keeping things as healthy as possible in the meantime :)
Well i plan on scheduling my six month cleanings so that will help until i can get a loan taken out on my 401k which i think is my only shot to pay all this off without getting stressed about the cost

Back