• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My journey

J

Jax1

Tomorrow I will go to the dentist, first visit in about 7 years. I’m terrified of dentists,of going to the dentist. I hate the out of control feeling. I feel so vulnerable lying in the chair. I find it all so intimidating. I have had broken decayed teeth in my mouth for years but they are at the very back. At the weekend a premolar right near the front broke off, crumbled and disintegrated to gum level. It had a root cannal and I had never got a crown. It wasn’t a great tooth, looked quite grey and not a great shape but it was a tooth. Now I have a massive gap there with the tinyiest sliver of tooth, this was enough to get me to ring the dentist. When I talk it is quite visible so I so worried I will have a gap, no idea of how it can be replaced. The tooth behind it seems to have some decay near the root, I hope it doesn’t need a root canal as well. My 4 wisdom teeth are very rotten and broken. The molar next to my wisdom tooth on bottom left is decayed and half broken off. A molar on the other side has a hole in it. 2 upper molars next to wisdoms have massive cracks in them. Then the top premolar on other side to broken one is very dark and has a hole in it. To say I’m worried is an understatement. I can’t wait for tomorrow to be over.

Hope it goes ok,let us know.

Back