• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

My long nightmare/story!

L

Lady Quicksilver

Tazey, sorry, l just realised this is a current post. I don't understand why you only have 6 teeth though, my temporary dentures from an incompetent dentist at least had 6 top and bottom. It's difficult to see from the photos, but in the last one they do look like they suit your face but it's how you feel about them that matters. Are they supported by a bar or screwed in and when do you get your final ones? It does take a while to get used to a new look... l have had 3 new looks and don't know if l'm coming or going! Have forgotten what is "normal" for me. Just know l'm sending positive vibes for a good outcome for you. xxx

T

tazey

Tazey, sorry, l just realised this is a current post. I don't understand why you only have 6 teeth though, my temporary dentures from an incompetent dentist at least had 6 top and bottom. It's difficult to see from the photos, but in the last one they do look like they suit your face but it's how you feel about them that matters. Are they supported by a bar or screwed in and when do you get your final ones? It does take a while to get used to a new look... l have had 3 new looks and don't know if l'm coming or going! Have forgotten what is "normal" for me. Just know l'm sending positive vibes for a good outcome for you. xxx
6 bottom+6 top but still wouldn't call that "normal",I have no clue how they were put in he didn't say I'm not sure if they are my finals or what? thanks for the positive vibes I sure do need them. Still trying to get an appointment no point trekking there till we know for sure,but I do have doctors again later so not happy that I'm left hanging yet again. 😡

T

tazey

Oh what a surprise won't be today now possibly 2moro or friday so still left hanging,they don't give a s**t I can't eat.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
So sorry you have to deal with this Tazey, how completely frustrating.. !! :(:sick:

T

tazey

Surely I have some sort of rights to have this taken out? It's nearly been a f**king week.

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist
Okay I looked again I really would assume that this is a temporary restoration as it appears that you have at least one implant further back on the top right that hasn't been used. This might have been done just to get you out of a complete denture and to start to get an idea of where to go with you. I have a patient that I will be starting an all on 4 for her top only. Perhaps I can post her case if she allows me on a seperate thread FYI.

L

Lady Quicksilver

6 bottom+6 top but still wouldn't call that "normal",I have no clue how they were put in he didn't say I'm not sure if they are my finals or what? thanks for the positive vibes I sure do need them. Still trying to get an appointment no point trekking there till we know for sure,but I do have doctors again later so not happy that I'm left hanging yet again. 😡
Tazey, sorry but just read my post and l meant to say l had 12 top and bottom, not 6. Certainly your 6 top and bottom is a mystery. Hopefully these are only to get you used to having something in your mouth again and your finals will be at least 12 top and bottom. It took me nearly 3 years to complete mine... but are on implants that are compromised... so my heart goes out to you on your long journey. As long as your implants are sound the final restoration should be a good job eventually. I completely understand your frustration after so long but you are an incrediby strong woman to go the distance you have endured. I was broken and diminished after 3 years. Chin up and be proud of who you are and what you are capable of. xx

M

MountainMama

How are you doing, Tazey? Were you ever able to get in?

T

tazey

Sorry not been on here much it's been a hell ish 2+half wks,so after the first week of trying to get it taken out with no luck then get told my consultants on holiday for another wk so basically I've been suffering as no one else will touch it (tried everywhere). 😟 Finally I had my planned appointment yesterday+tbh was a nightmare from start to finish after that long I just wanted it out+to rest my mouth/jaw I don't know how many times you have to say something people just don't listen,he took them out replaced it with something equally uncomfortable+made me wait in the waiting area for half hr (pretty sure it was longer than that) had a scarf over my face the whole time didn't really care what people were thinking. I was dizzy needed to eat it had already been a long day as had doctors that morning,he wanted to put the altered teeth back in but I was so over it just wanted the caps (whatever you call them) back on so I could leave not gonna go through another wk or more with pain obviously he wasn't happy with this but had to do it+made it as painful as poss. Pretty sure the people in the waiting area prob heard me screaming out the pain was rather extreme,id say I have a fairly strong pain threshold having had an abscess+extreme toothaches in the past but that was just pure torture. By the time we'd driven home the pain had almost gone,currently there is no next appointment yet as haven't made one couldn't get out of there fast enough but I really don't know what to do next??? I can't go through that again+it's not fair on the person I go with having to watch me go through it.

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
So sorry your appointment went like this, tazey. Sounds like a torture.. :(
I wasn't sure I understood whether you are still having the front teeth in or whether anything changed, apart of you having another painful experience..

T

tazey

So sorry your appointment went like this, tazey. Sounds like a torture.. :(
I wasn't sure I understood whether you are still having the front teeth in or whether anything changed, apart of you having another painful experience..
I needed a rest so no at the mo the implants are covered with the caps like how it was before,at least I can eat a bit better for now but like I say still in a awkward situation.

M

MountainMama

Oh tazey, I hate to hear that. I know that all the screwing and unscrewing of the implant caps and the abutments was super painful to me as well, and my dentist ended up giving me shots. At that point I was happy for the shots even though I hate them so much.
I hope you can get some rest.

T

tazey

Should it really be soo painful tho? I just know as soon as he touches the top its gonna hurt. My jaw/mouth is getting a rest now which is good just wish the rest of me could,my body never gets to relax. Even if I decided to have a shot I don't trust him to do it not with how rough he is with impressions,I was literally gagging+he's just like another minute. 🙄

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just hate to hear how insensitive they are to you and your concerns.. that would be so frusttrating and disheartening ...I'm so sorry you have to go through this Tazey

M

MountainMama

Should it really be soo painful tho? I just know as soon as he touches the top its gonna hurt. My jaw/mouth is getting a rest now which is good just wish the rest of me could,my body never gets to relax. Even if I decided to have a shot I don't trust him to do it not with how rough he is with impressions,I was literally gagging+he's just like another minute. 🙄
It hurt really bad for me. I have a fairly high pain tolerance as well, and the previous visit I was literally coming out of the chair. The dentist said he would use a topical the next time. He did but ended up giving me a shot also, because it was so painful.

T

tazey

It hurt really bad for me. I have a fairly high pain tolerance as well, and the previous visit I was literally coming out of the chair. The dentist said he would use a topical the next time. He did but ended up giving me a shot also, because it was so painful.
Thing is he did use a topical gel but I don't think it makes any difference. I just don't know what to do next? 🤷 was it better after the shot?

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know it was good for me with the shot. both my dentists gave me the choice and they know I was sensitive so suggested they give the shot and I went for it right away. I would personally better have the shot and not feel things.

M

MountainMama

Thing is he did use a topical gel but I don't think it makes any difference. I just don't know what to do next? 🤷 was it better after the shot?
Absolutely! The topical did not help at all. With the shot, all I felt was pressure which was not comfortable but did not hurt at all. The shot made all the difference. I was able to relax finally.

B

Birmanclaws

I have always had the shots. It is also easier for the dentist without their patients squirming and tensing in the chair, which makes the process quicker. Did you find out about the side/back teeth?

T

tazey

I have always had the shots. It is also easier for the dentist without their patients squirming and tensing in the chair, which makes the process quicker. Did you find out about the side/back teeth?
Not exactly he didn't really show the teeth after they got back from the lab.