• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

Don't know anyone else that drives not that we should be mixing anyway.
Oh.. well dang. Maybe everyone could wear masks? The whole time your around each other? Idk just trying to think k of a way you could still get to your appointment. Seems you've been trying to get this sorted, for such a long time.?

Little point in masks if your not distancing as well,I was fully expecting it tbh, I just said to my mum I should find somewhere nearer but she's not happy with that.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like there are tighter restrictions in place where you live, especially when it comes to not mixing families. Where I live, I get free rides to all my medical and dental appointments through my insurance. And even when they reinstated lock down back in December, I still rode with other people for one of my dentist appointments.

Out here, they don't think anything about letting random people come along, so long as everyone is wearing a mask. Last month a had a doctor appointment, and there was another woman in the car when my ride came to pick me up. He dropped her off first, but nothing has ever been said about not mixing people from other households.

I think its the same here Catie. Im not certain but I've not heard of such strong restrictions around here.. not sure id even know what to do ?

Yes restrictions here are tight (have been since before xmas,didn't see anyone for xmas) won't be fully back to normal till at least june,well not that the virus will suddenly decide to leave on the 21st like everyone's saying. Guess things will only get back to normal for those that have the vaccine tho. Going to medical appointments is allowed as is getting a lift for one it's just the fact my lift has been near a teenager whose back in school+not wearing a mask. ?

Last edited:
That stinks! How silly of them to have such harsh restrictions yet the kids are allowed to go to school with no masks. That seems a bit absurd to me? I do hope you can work out a way to get to your appointment ??

That stinks! How silly of them to have such harsh restrictions yet the kids are allowed to go to school with no masks. That seems a bit absurd to me? I do hope you can work out a way to get to your appointment ??
No most kids wear masks or are supposed to the kid in my family says he's exempt (he's not he just choses not to wear it).

Aww gotcha
What a pain in the butt. So sorry for that.

It's a real worry for us (well some of us),it all kicked off last night+they still don't think theyve done anything wrong so frustrating. Like things weren't strained enough

Sorry to hear tazey. I hope it all works out! ??

Is there any chance you could get a taxi? But the cost might be an issue.

Just found out it would be £50 for a taxi ? x6 appointments,Just coz I can afford treatment now doesn't mean I'm going to spend that much on transport. Plus I do get car sick so don't really want to be charged for "making a mess"so to speak.

Holy crap.. thats crazy.

Holy crap.. thats crazy.
Yeah it is, may aswell get the train rather than that. Would still have to be muzzled tho+I can barely put up with face coverings for 5mins let alone half an hour.

You've been dealing with these issues for so long, omgosh id definitely take the 30 minute mask. I hope you think it over, it'll so be worth it. (Of course thats my opinion)

@tazey Do you have breathing issues or sensory issues which makes you struggle with wearing a mask? I wouldn't normally advise this but you might be able to get a sunflower lanyard that would exempt you from wearing it on public transport. Or would you be able to wear a face visor? That way it's not tight against your face. If you genuinely can't wear them, fair enough, but the more you wear them the easier it gets.

Sorry about the taxi idea, I thought it would probably not be a good idea.

You've been dealing with these issues for so long, omgosh id definitely take the 30 minute mask. I hope you think it over, it'll so be worth it. (Of course thats my opinion)
Public transport just isn't an option right now not with the way I feel on a daily basis (hence why I've been getting lifts there),the new place is also more difficult to get to by foot.

@tazey Do you have breathing issues or sensory issues which makes you struggle with wearing a mask? I wouldn't normally advise this but you might be able to get a sunflower lanyard that would exempt you from wearing it on public transport. Or would you be able to wear a face visor? That way it's not tight against your face. If you genuinely can't wear them, fair enough, but the more you wear them the easier it gets.

Sorry about the taxi idea, I thought it would probably not be a good idea.
No I just get hot+am dizzy a lot of the time so shouldn't restrict getting fresh air,I don't need an exemption. That's ok other people have suggested taxis to me but don't think they realise how much they are.

Gotcha. Dang i sure hope it works out and you can get to your appointment ???

Back