• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

I wish there wasn't so much stress in this house,I hate being such a burden when people have a lot of other crap to deal with.

So b o r e d of being stuck indoors all day with nothing to do+no one to talk too. Bored of this very limited diet,just want an end date. :(

Feeling really awfull,I got asked to join a fb group recently so I did thinking it may be helpfull. In the last 24hrs I've had nothing but abuse from them with me+other people I know getting constant messages threatening me ( I will name+shame them if nessesary) they called me a liar+bully when I've done nothing wrong. Apparently it can't possibly take 6yrs for implants (well in my case it really has) they said I'm lying that I had a 5hr op 4wks ago,why on earth would I lie about it? I'm not sure how many of them are on here but please don't join this group,as any nice person I've chatted to on here will know I have more than enough stress (as do my family) so really don't need it.

Don’t worry about Facebook. That is not the real world.

How did your checkup go. Did they answer your questions?

Don’t worry about Facebook. That is not the real world.

How did your checkup go. Did they answer your questions?
Unfortunatly the grief their causing is very real. At my follow up they took the stitches out+tightened the implants (which hurt) also impressions were sprung on me. I have 4mths till my next appointment so I'll be stuck inside all summer,I have no idea when the posts will be covered.

Unfortunatly the grief their causing is very real. At my follow up they took the stitches out+tightened the implants (which hurt) also impressions were sprung on me. I have 4mths till my next appointment so I'll be stuck inside all summer,I have no idea when the posts will be covered.
What sort of people go through peoples pictures+start insulting their children? they should be banned on there.

If those people are part of the group and not admins, try reaching out to the admins to report their behavior. If they post their message directly in the group their is a button to “report post to group admins” under the “...”.

I hope you can find some piece of mind and at least enjoy your summer.

If those people are part of the group and not admins, try reaching out to the admins to report their behavior. If they post their message directly in the group their is a button to “report post to group admins” under the “...”.

I hope you can find some piece of mind and at least enjoy your summer.
I've reported it not sure if its been noticed as no ones got back to me. I'll be hibernating so hope its not too hot.

(((((((((((((((((Tazey))))))))))))))))
Havn't been here for a while and sorry to see your posts. Leave FB, as Birmanclaws said, it's not the real world. You seem to be making good progress though so take heart in that, a few more months after 6 long years will be do-able for you. You are such a strong person to have got this far. Focus on all the folk here who take the time to support you in a caring way and boot the others into oblivion. xx

If your implants are like mine, at your four month appointment they will check to make sure they integrated with the bone, then will clear them for the crowns/denture. I actually have my four month, post implant, appointment on Wednesday to find out if mine has taken.

If your implants are like mine, at your four month appointment they will check to make sure they integrated with the bone, then will clear them for the crowns/denture. I actually have my four month, post implant, appointment on Wednesday to find out if mine has taken.
still prob won't be covered tho in october ;-/ good luck with yours let me know how you get on.

(((((((((((((((((Tazey))))))))))))))))
Havn't been here for a while and sorry to see your posts. Leave FB, as Birmanclaws said, it's not the real world. You seem to be making good progress though so take heart in that, a few more months after 6 long years will be do-able for you. You are such a strong person to have got this far. Focus on all the folk here who take the time to support you in a caring way and boot the others into oblivion. xx
hi,I won't be leaving fb I need to stay in touch with certain people+ I've been on there 10yrs why would I? I know it seems like progress but I'm still very much in the dark,guess I'll just keep saving tho in the hope that I can go elsewhere. Hope your doing ok? always nice to hear your positive words. x

Oh+whilst I'm here if "those" certain 2/3 people are still reading my posts then I'm not sure what you were hoping to achieve by contacting my "ex" relatives trolling through 5yrs worth of their posts+pix just to prove that I used to know them,they don't have any info about me to share as they haven't spoke to me in years lol People must have very boring lifes with lots of time on their hands,as for slagging off peoples kids well that says a lot about them.

still prob won't be covered tho in october ;-/ good luck with yours let me know how you get on.

Maybe not...I am guessing it is very different with full implants than with one or two. I will have to wait quite a bit longer now also, as the oral surgeon told me today that it would be easier if I waited to get my crown until the other implant is ready as well, since they are side by side. It will probably be March at the earliest now. Still, the fact that my implant is integrated with the bone is good! We have to look for the little things, right?

I really hope you can get your crowns as soon as possible and don't have to wait much past the October appointment.

Yep I guess any news is good news,I'd just like a small positive every now+then. All he keeps saying is 6 or 12 appointments (been saying that about a year now) not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Its that time of year birthday almost here+another year of my life wasted nothings changed,another year older+even less chance of having a "normal" life like everyone else I know. I just want to start my life :( also the job centre keep phoning wanting updates when there are none+my doctor only writes a sick note for 6wks at a time (not helpfull).

Well not much to update but 5wks till my appointment (these last 5mths have felt more like 10) ? not sure what they will be doing exactly which doesn't help. I'm now getting fortnightly phone calls from the job center even tho I've told them there's no updates (it's harresment) they even said have I thought about voluntary work seriously? I think he thinks that after October that's it all done+dusted and I'll be out looking for a job,these phone conversations are just going to get more awkward.

3 more wks+it's really dragging,I say that like I'm going to get some sort of answer in october. Can't stand eating this crap anymore as well pretty much the same thing every day it just makes me feel sick,zero energy can't even do stuff so fed up. ?

Well not much to update but 5wks till my appointment (these last 5mths have felt more like 10) ? not sure what they will be doing exactly which doesn't help. I'm now getting fortnightly phone calls from the job center even tho I've told them there's no updates (it's harresment) they even said have I thought about voluntary work seriously? I think he thinks that after October that's it all done+dusted and I'll be out looking for a job,these phone conversations are just going to get more awkward.

Hang on in there?

Easier said than done,they won't even reply to a phone call today let alone answer me when I'm there.

Back