• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

My long nightmare/story!

T

tazey

So I have 3 more appointments where I currently am (at a hospital) but after march I'm not sure where that will leave me,how do I even start to find a restorative consultant? (In the South of the uk).

G

geos

From what I see online, not being from the UK, restorative consultants seem to be more involved in research and teaching. You might have more chance finding one affiliated to an university with a faculty of dentistry than other NHS consultant colleagues.

B

Birmanclaws

Why would you need a restorative consultant. Aren’t your teeth being made now and you will be finished in March?

T

tazey

That's what they say but let's face it not likely to happen so need to find somewhere else that will finish it,like I've said before tho most places won't touch you so not easy. Might have to go to london.

T

tazey

Why was my comment moved to my journal? I'm not going to get recommendations if it's in here.

Judythecat

Judythecat

I don’t really understand the question - surely the final restoration is the implant “teeth” being screwed in, and off you go, but this website might help:

T

tazey

Yes in theory but nothing will be screwed in if it doesnt look good,can't wait to get out of that place.

Judythecat

Judythecat

Ah, so are you looking for someone to make good a bad job? Hopefully it will be a great job! I think seeing a consultant would possibly be quite expensive, with a long wait, but might be completely wrong.

T

tazey

Well we will see I have very low expectations,depends it wouldn't be expensive if it was still nhs not ruling out going private tho just want it finished at the end of the day.

T

tazey

Really not sure how I'm ment to wait another 10+ days when every minute/hour drags. 😕 Had the job centre on my case again about thinking about my future so in 2wks I'm going to have to invent some random hobbies (for what purpose I do not know?) What part don't they get "if" there's a future it won't be till after march hounding me is depressing as there's no point talking about what id like to do if I can't actually do it. 😡

G

geos

Tazey, are you seeing the therapist as suggested by your doctor? Could this be something that would keep the job centre on the side?

T

tazey

No because the reason she referred me wasn't relevant,I doubt it as they insist on phoning every fortnight they fail to listen that things will not be any different until the works been finished. If I could come off of it I would but need the money to pay rent+live on.

T

tazey

So not much of an update (finally had my appointment jan 31st) he tried in teeth,can't tell any difference from how they looked in october not sure what has supposedly changed? they still look like some kind of halloween costume. Then again maybe it's just my face not the teeth (let's face it I'm no oil painting) but I can't do much about that where as teeth can be changed my face cant. Next appointment in 2wks (then the final one "supposedly" 2 wks after that) he said to his assistant about provisionals tho that doesn't sound like anything permanent to me so how can it all be finished that quick? Also from what I've read implants/the plastic or whatever it is shouldn't cover the roof of your mouth is that true? I mean how an earth are you ment to eat/drink like that? I've already lost another half a stone since december so now only 5+half as it is.

T

tazey

I'm done if people can't even return a important phone call then I can't be bothered to go to any more appointments,just proves my point about them.

S

Scared all the time

I'm done if people can't even return a important phone call then I can't be bothered to go to any more appointments,just proves my point about them.
Don’t give up you’ve come so far. Can’t you go to the office in person? It’s kind of hard for them to ignore you once your standing in front of them 😊 your the only one that will fight for you, you can’t let them win. Their life goes on as normal, if you quit and they win your the other hand continues to suffer from it.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Scared does have a point. What if you showed up? I mean you did have your cap come off and that is very valid. And you can say, I emailed and you didn't return my email, so I'm here. When my office didn't return my last email with questions I went in to pay my payment and at the same time they asked how everything was doing I told them I didn't hear back I had emailed. seems it got lost in the shuffle and they are a busy emergency clinic. well. the Dr had me come back that minute and answered all my questions and helped. I don't know your clinic and how it runs but if its close enough it might be worth a shot.. they might say no and they might say yes and help.. I agree its much harder to ignore someone who is in front of them.. though some ARE capable of this. its more unlikely.

T

tazey

I can't just get a lift there it's miles away it would be waste of time anyway as he's not there most days. I don't have the energy to fight nor should I have to,I'm cutting out the stress it's causing to everyone. I've got bigger things to worry about like why my blood tests have come back abnormal.

S

Scared all the time

I can't just get a lift there it's miles away it would be waste of time anyway as he's not there most days. I don't have the energy to fight nor should I have to,I'm cutting out the stress it's causing to everyone. I've got bigger things to worry about like why my blood tests have come back abnormal.
Sorry to hear that tazey I do hope all is well 🍀