• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

My long nightmare/story!

T

tazey

Such a great few wks to come first up this week job centre then hospital Friday (where he claims to be fitting stuff) then 2wks of b12 injections x6 then the wk after my "final" hospital appointment. I just need a friggin break there's nothing good anymore not even weekends out. 😞

T

tazey

At least all of this should keep you busy
Well still sat here doing nothing inbetween other than waiting it's just tiring to find any energy to go to things that will cause me more pain+not achieve anything.

B

Birmanclaws

The vitamin B12 will definitely help with your energy levels, your teeth are nearly finished, and the job centre will help you move on with your life. Could be all good.

T

tazey

I hope the b12 works I have a needle phobia tho,the teeth still look awful+they job centre just harass me they can't help right now.

S

Scared all the time

I hope the b12 works I have a needle phobia tho,the teeth still look awful+they job centre just harass me they can't help right now.
I think the most important step is first get your b12 levels back up. I use to hate needles too. (Tons of blood work cured that 😕) but b12 will increase both you fatigue and mood plus a host of other things. Once that’s done you can focus on other things. You have to keep in mind every journey begins with one step. Nobody got where we are today all at once. You have to get your health back on track first.

T

tazey

I think the most important step is first get your b12 levels back up. I use to hate needles too. (Tons of blood work cured that 😕) but b12 will increase both you fatigue and mood plus a host of other things. Once that’s done you can focus on other things. You have to keep in mind every journey begins with one step. Nobody got where we are today all at once. You have to get your health back on track first.
Yes I get that unfortunately tho it is happening all at once can't really change that.

T

tazey

The teeth were attached but as expected look horrendous it took a few hrs+despite me hating them im now sat here looking a freak,I'm freaking out because I don't like the plastic covering the roof of my mouth im unable to eat+drink (so bound to lose more weight). I want them out now but its the weekend what do I do? My only support can't stand the added stress this is causing as they have a relative in hospital who is critically ill+I feel bad for putting this on them.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tazey,

I'm so sorry you are not happy with the outcome , for all the time waiting. that is frustrating and disheartening.. What it sounds like is they really missed the mark in listening to you, and your needs and goals , and that it wasn't just to get some teeth in but you wanted to feel comfortalbe in the aesthetics and function and not having that bulk in the roof of your mouth , like they really didn't communicate that and how it would be to you.. Communication is so important . I don't know what to say.. I wish it hadn't been like this for you. I hope there is some solution in the near future to make you feel more comfortable. :grouphug:

T

tazey

I'm literally stuck don't know how to make it through the weekend,or even where to go in general regarding somewhere else,certainly can't wait 2wks for the next appointment.

Judythecat

Judythecat

Sorry to hear you are so unhappy. Might it be possible that because you have been without teeth for a while that you are just surprised and not used to them? A bit like when you get a very different haircut and get a shock every time you pass a mirror for the first few days?

My understanding of your story might be wrong, so apologies if I am getting muddled, but do I remember you have had the treatment on the NHS? There must be a patient liaison person attached to the trust you can speak with/complain to. I understand that NHS provision of implants is very limited and that you have been through significant illness or trauma to qualify, so I am so, so sorry that you have ended up unhappy with the outcome.

T

tazey

No people keep saying that but I don't think that's the case they honestly look awful (couldn't feel more ugly) yes I'm nhs+yes we've complained to PALS several times it doesn't get very far. I'm strongly thinking of going back to the original place I went to in 2013 that's if they'll touch me or I'm literally screwed. 😢

T

tazey

I also don't know why there's only 12? why no side ones? like I say horrendous. Will try+put pix up 2moro phone isn't very good at tho.

Judythecat

Judythecat

Please post a pic, I bet they look great. We are our own harshest critics!

M

MountainMama

Tazey, I am so sorry they were not what you were hoping for. I know that has got to be disappointing, especially if there are not ones on the sides/back. I know what you mean about the plastic bulky feeling, though. My flipper for my front tooth has the acrylic bulk that goes over part of the roof of my mouth. Although I have gotten used to it now, it took months and felt awful for the longest time. It did feel weird when I ate and just felt “wrong”.

T

tazey

Tazey, I am so sorry they were not what you were hoping for. I know that has got to be disappointing, especially if there are not ones on the sides/back. I know what you mean about the plastic bulky feeling, though. My flipper for my front tooth has the acrylic bulk that goes over part of the roof of my mouth. Although I have gotten used to it now, it took months and felt awful for the longest time. It did feel weird when I ate and just felt “wrong”.
I just don't understand why you'd only do ones at the front that's not normal (plus they stick out),I dont know how they can stand there+lie at how great they look. I thought implants weren't ment to feel bulky/plastic? I can't be doing that for months I need to get my weight up not lose more.

M

MountainMama

I just don't understand why you'd only do ones at the front that's not normal (plus they stick out),I dont know how they can stand there+lie at how great they look. I thought implants weren't ment to feel bulky/plastic? I can't be doing that for months I need to get my weight up not lose more.
Didn’t Gordon say that some implants are like dentures supported by implants? Maybe that is what they gave you? I don’t understand all of how that works but I don’t get the plastic on the roof of the mouth either.
Are there more implants on the sides that are not covered by the teeth?