• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

Tazey, so sorry to hear that.. they seem not to give you much information about anything, do they? And you made yourself ready for the impressions and nothing happened, so the whole stress for nothing.. :(
What is supposed to be done at the next two appointmenst?

I'm permently stressed so don't know the difference,well I guess the impressions but who knows. I thought the wait from march to april felt like forever now I'm expected to wait 3 more mths with all the symptoms I'm getting,its just a hell ish nightmare with no end in sight.

Hi Tazey,

Sorry to hear about your disappointing appointment
I know it must be so frustrating. I'm wondering why they are not explaining things to you? Do you feel too nervous to ask about why things aren't happening? For example, they do need to explain why the impressions didn't happen today. They really should be explaining things and it doesn't seem they are or that you are getting anywhere.
It's really a lousy position to be in, I hope that things go better at your next appointment. I am also wondering if there is any way you can take someone with you next time, who would ask the questions that you need answers to?
Hi I do ask questions some get answers not all of them as he had the next patient to see I always have someone with me too. He suggested next time I come alone yeah that's never gonna happen to a diff city to a place I really don't want to be in your lucky I even turn up+sit for ages in the waiting room everytime. July just seems so bloody far off esp as I thought my next op would be may/june guess thats my fault tho I should have just done the impressions in march when they were sprung on me.

Just wondering how you are doing and if you’ve gotten any answers to your questions. I’m hoping things are going much better!

Hi nothing new really still waiting+things are really tough. :-\

So p**sed off had an e.n.t appointment the other day he said the ear pain was tmj its because they've taken the teeth out+not replaced them. I also have to have a ct scan for my nose (think that's unrelated but still something else on top of everything). Shouldn't have this pain from when I get up to when I go to bed,but what am I supposed to do for the next 2yrs? :-\

So my next appointment is next wk (the 3mth wait has felt more like 6+) not entirely sure what that will involve so obviously not looking forward to it. We had a meeting last wk to do with the complaints I had+still didn't really get any straight answers. Not even sure why I'm still going as its quite clear what they have in mind+its not what I want,can someone explain to me what the next step is after impressions (for implants)? It may be the 3rd time of doing them but everytime they just get wasted+it doesn't get past that stage.

Last edited:
So arrived at my appointment yesterday half hour early+they were running 45mins late,after an hour of waiting we went in he didn't really want to hear my issues I'm having with tmj at the mo just wanted to get on with the impressions. He was rather heavy handed (hence why I now have a purple bruise on my upper gum) he seemed to have trouble getting the top 1 out I was a little concerned about that but thankfully it did. He made small talk with my mum whilst waiting (how about do the job+stop acting like your interested in my life which is s**t btw) he said the next appointment would be wax try ins (been there done that not pleasant from what I remember) is this the normal route for implants? No mention yet of when the next op will be,then we were rushed out as he had the next patient to see (not our fault he's running late+was only in there 15mins). Just fed up of living like this certainly can't do it for another 2yrs,could do with some replys.

Tazey,

wow.. that would be frustrating .. to have something we want over and anxious about to keep getting delayed and not have any real time tables or answers would definately be anxiety producing.. I only had one implant but no wax tryins.. maybe they are doing it out of extra caution to make sure all is good before the finals? But the hurry and rushing quick appt would also put me a little on edge.. sorry the appt went like this. :(

Thanks,just want to kno what sort of steps need doing before the next op (putting them in)+if its normal for wax try ins when getting full implants? I've said all along I want fixed ones but still don't think that's what their planning. :-\

Oh+how patronising is this when someone says 'good girl' afterwards,I'm in my 30's ffs don't treat me like a small child.

Well the appointment last week wasn't wax try ins as mentioned (why does that not surprise me) think he was trying in some sort of denture (urgh gag much). It wasn't comfortable but was able to sit still at least but that was prob due to the 2 diazapam I took,next appointment isn't till october (I know taking the p**s big time). He seems to think l'll have some nice white teeth then,err unless the implants have been put in then how the f**k is that likely? Absolutely no talk of when the next op will be either meanwhile my life is on hold+next wk (my birthday) marks another year of my life wasted. :(

God this 3mth wait has felt more like 3yrs (just literally sitting+waiting every single day) and still another 4wks to go :( according to the letter I just got he's making my "dentures" I seriously give up!

4 more days to go Guess 1 countdown will end+yet another will begin as per usual,going to be a pointless trip all for a 2min appointment.

Best wishes for the visit, let us know how it went.

Thanks but I don't see how everybody is going to agree on the same thing,Its also at 9am which means leaving at 8am I'm really not a morning person I'll be in a bad mood before even getting there.

Well we got there on time (he was at least half hour late as per usual) were in there all of 10mins not really sure what was going on,he tryed stuff in+talked about dentures. Said something about having teeth in november I really don't get how when the implants haven't been put in yet? ? still confused by that one. He also says none of the symptoms I've been getting are tmj related which I strongly disagree with,oh well yet another countdown till the next appointment+so it goes on. :(

I thought PALs were supposed to be non biased yet they always seem to side with the hospital. :(

Not much to update after my appointment yesterday we got there+for once went in 10mins early shock horror. He tried stuff in+gave me a mirror+well honestly it looks bloody awfull makes me look 100x worse (I'm ugly enough) but its not the implants so should I really care? It did feel so uncomfortable having 3 people just staring at me+discussing my mouth. Another appointment in november (he thinks I'm walking out of there with teeth then) then 1 in december (something about a scan) then who knows?

So had my november appointment not much to say he was expecting me to walk out of there with dentures (yeah right not in a million years). 1.they make me look like a freak (halloween was wks ago) 2. I wouldn't be able to eat/drink/or talk with them in coz of the huge bit of plastic+would be constantly on my mind 24/7,plus can't afford to lose anymore weight as I'm under 6 stone 3.he expects me to take them in+out which is just grosse I can't even touch them. The only reason I can sit there is coz I've taken diazapam even then my only thought is get it out asap. So guess that's the end of my story he says its nessesary I don't agree so I'm stuck like this forever more,supposed to have an xray or scan this wk but what's the point?

Now christmas/new year is all over with I guess its back to constantly counting down till the next appointment/s. Its beyond frustrating seeing everyone go back to their lives or having fresh starts while I still sit here in limbo waiting,I'm not even sure why I'm putting myself through it for yet another year. :(

Back