• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

So p**sed off someone I'm related too has shared on fb how I'm getting full mouth implants she doesn't add my name but its so obvious to people we share who she's talking about. If I wanted my private life on social media I'd broadcast it myself but I don't share anything dental related if I want to vent I come here,its so out of order just coz she's decided to disown herself from people she thinks they won't see her comments.

So sorry to read this, Tazey :( This is really mean from the person, I can't even imagine how you must feel right now. Is there any chance she will put it down again?

I doubt it she's turned into a very spitefull person stopped talking to me 2yrs ago for no reason,I'd rather family don't fill her in on things (like my op etc) you can't be nosey 1 min then say your bored of hearing about my constant appointments the next. I should send her a really graphic pic after the op but then don't want her sharing it to whoever. She is jealous as her teeth are crap even if she could afford implants they wouldn't do them as she's diabetic,not that there's anything to be jealous of.

Less than 24hrs to go :( I know I should be eating+drinking so much more than I am (while I still can) but my appetite is still zero. Actually went out for the day on tuesday was supposed to be a bit of a distraction (+it was a little) but did leave me exhausted still feeling it I ache alot+know its gonna get worse after the op. Got to be up at like 4am tommorow :-o leave about 6am to be there for 7 I'm not a morning person so it will be a shock to the system. I will try+post friday eve when I'm back (no point taking my phone with me) but depends how exhausted I am or how late I get back. Wish me luck!

:clover::clover::clover::grouphug:Tazey, we will be thinking of you!!

Good luck! I hope it goes well for you!

Woke up late had to rush around,am sat in waiting room now. :(

Good luck. Thinking of you. Hoping for the best possible outcome.

Just a brief post I survived just,maybe back on here later.when I'm up to it.

I am glad it is done. Rest and feel better!

So now what? I just lie here for 3 more wks trying to fend for myself when I can barely get out of bed (not to mention bored as hell). Then what the check up (if they can be bothered) what happens after that?

tazey, l have just replied to you on another thread.....l'm useless at technology.....but l think it;s probably more appropriate to reply here. l'm so proud of you for sticking it out for so long, you are stronger than you will ever know.
Tell me how you feel, what is keeping you in bed? How many implants did you get? Do you have any sense of nearing your goal?
You are bound to feel drained after the long wait and then more surgery, your body and mind have been hammered. But you have turned a corner now and once the implants are in, you are on the home run. :)
If you are bored, come here and rant....always here with a comforting and uplifting hug. You are talking 3 weeks here when it has been years for you..that's some difference. Use your bored time to focus on that beautiful smile you are so close to....fantasize about it, welcome it, be excited for it. I can tell you, that despite the s**t l have had and the fact my treatment is not yet complete, l am delighted with my new top teeth and eagerly await my lower ones to be completed. lt has taken over 2 years so far but l know your wait, suffering and anguish was much longer so your delight will be much more, you WILL be the wonderful and beautiful woman that is inside you.
There is no doubt you WILL have your checkup but l can understand how you feel.....your previous experience has taught you to be despondent, your expectations have not been met and trust has been destroyed. This is a new beginning for you and l am sending heaps of healing hugs to you.
xx

First off thank you that's the nicest thing anyone has said to me over the last 5 days+i could sure do with hugs. Mainly in bed due to no energy+boredom (don't live in a nice atmosphere either which doesn't help) I'm not sure how many were placed from what I can see a lot (not that I like to look). There isn't really a goal right now "if" they do the check up they'll prob just say come back in a few months not sure where that leaves me. The only way it would look beautiful is if I went private he said they would look like the try ins+i certainly won't be walking round looking like that. At least I'm being realistic because everyone seems to think this nightmare will be ending soon,he did say before the op it could be another 2yrs. I will update tho or like you say just vent,any advice to make it easier is appreciated. X

(((((((((((((Tazey))))))))))))) that's a bucket load of hugs and l have a lorry load waiting to dish out!
Throughout all this you don't seem to know much of what is happening to you, is that your choice? They have an obligation to explain everything in simple language and certainly you should know at least how many implants you have. They HAVE to do a checkup and yes, probably say come back in a few months because it takes that time for implants to integrate with bone. So more patience needed....you are an expert in that by now.
l don't see how they could be much different looking than if they were done privately, they probably just use cheaper materials but can make them look good. It's surely in their interests to do a good job.
As you have been so long without teeth, l think you will likely feel that anything they give you will feel ...and look, to you....huge in your mouth but this won't be the reality. Your mouth will get used to them and you can grow to love them. Mine are not what l wanted but they are acceptable to me. l was so long without teeth that during try ins l was unsure of what l wanted as l couldn't remember what they looked like, just found a picture of myself and believe me, these new teeth look better!! You too may be pleasantly surprised.
l sense the uncomfortable atmosphere you live with is having a detrimental effect on how you view your dental situation. Sending hugs to bring you peace.
Be kind to yourself, believe you are a worthwhile human being, soothe yourself with thoughts of deep blue skies, warm sun,sunsets, rivers, music or whatever fills your bucket. Indulge in these thoughts if only for a few moments and pamper yourself too. Blast your brain with these images to teach it to seek soft, peaceful moments each day. Let my words wrap round you like a warm blanket...there's your first image to hold on to.
Good luck.....l remain your chief cheerleader. xx

(((((((((((((Tazey))))))))))))) that's a bucket load of hugs and l have a lorry load waiting to dish out!
Throughout all this you don't seem to know much of what is happening to you, is that your choice? They have an obligation to explain everything in simple language and certainly you should know at least how many implants you have. They HAVE to do a checkup and yes, probably say come back in a few months because it takes that time for implants to integrate with bone. So more patience needed....you are an expert in that by now.
l don't see how they could be much different looking than if they were done privately, they probably just use cheaper materials but can make them look good. It's surely in their interests to do a good job.
As you have been so long without teeth, l think you will likely feel that anything they give you will feel ...and look, to you....huge in your mouth but this won't be the reality. Your mouth will get used to them and you can grow to love them. Mine are not what l wanted but they are acceptable to me. l was so long without teeth that during try ins l was unsure of what l wanted as l couldn't remember what they looked like, just found a picture of myself and believe me, these new teeth look better!! You too may be pleasantly surprised.
l sense the uncomfortable atmosphere you live with is having a detrimental effect on how you view your dental situation. Sending hugs to bring you peace.
Be kind to yourself, believe you are a worthwhile human being, soothe yourself with thoughts of deep blue skies, warm sun,sunsets, rivers, music or whatever fills your bucket. Indulge in these thoughts if only for a few moments and pamper yourself too. Blast your brain with these images to teach it to seek soft, peaceful moments each day. Let my words wrap round you like a warm blanket...there's your first image to hold on to.
Good luck.....l remain your chief cheerleader. xx
It certainly isn't I would love to know what's going on,todays not been good so far I've been told to go to hell+stop crying like a baby (someone is bound to make me burst my stitches). They don't care what they look like as long as their passable+say they function,I'm certainly not doing this for another 2yrs. The sooner they come out the better then I can eat again. If only everyone was as nice as you.

Thank you for the compliment but l know the 2 dentists who made a mess of me won't agree with that when l get them to court and the GDC.....nice will not be an option and l will start from a default position of pure evil!! lol :)

Some peple have been utterly vile to you, may karma repay them tenfold.

Make sure you are the one to judge what is passible and functional for you.
xx

Urgh can't stand this the metal posts are digging in my tongue,its not like my tongue can go anywhere else (stitches are also annoying but not as much). A week on+still not eaten yet. :(

Tazey,

I don't even know what to say? there is nothing but I sure feel for you and sending well wishes your way that you can eat a bit soon..:grouphug:

Hi Tazey, I don’t know if I fully understand your situation (you had a full dental clearance but with no dentures, and are now having implants placed by someone you are not that comfortable with? On the NHS?) but I feel so sad reading your posts, and I really hope things improve for you very soon. I know from your other threads that you have quite a restricted diet, but I hope you can manage some soup, ice cream, milkshakes or similar to sustain and nourish you while you recover. If you are anything like me you will be “hangry” with not eating, which doesn’t help! All the very best wishes for your recovery and a positive outcome.

Tazey,

I don't even know what to say? there is nothing but I sure feel for you and sending well wishes your way that you can eat a bit soon..:grouphug:
I don't see how while these are still in,its not like their going to do anything at the check up.

Hi Tazey, I don’t know if I fully understand your situation (you had a full dental clearance but with no dentures, and are now having implants placed by someone you are not that comfortable with? On the NHS?) but I feel so sad reading your posts, and I really hope things improve for you very soon. I know from your other threads that you have quite a restricted diet, but I hope you can manage some soup, ice cream, milkshakes or similar to sustain and nourish you while you recover. If you are anything like me you will be “hangry” with not eating, which doesn’t help! All the very best wishes for your recovery and a positive outcome.
hi,the extractions were 6yrs ago now not recent+implants are firmly in. No I'm not all that comfortable with where I am or who I'm with but changing isn't an option so it is what it is,I'm eating small bits but its clearly nowhere near enough. I admit I was quite evil to people the other day (which I do regret a bit) they really should be a bit more understanding tho+not take it to heart. Thanks for your wishes I just wish I knew more of what was going on+when these posts will be covered.

Back