• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

Why would you need a restorative consultant. Aren’t your teeth being made now and you will be finished in March?

That's what they say but let's face it not likely to happen so need to find somewhere else that will finish it,like I've said before tho most places won't touch you so not easy. Might have to go to london.

Why was my comment moved to my journal? I'm not going to get recommendations if it's in here.

I don’t really understand the question - surely the final restoration is the implant “teeth” being screwed in, and off you go, but this website might help:

Yes in theory but nothing will be screwed in if it doesnt look good,can't wait to get out of that place.

Ah, so are you looking for someone to make good a bad job? Hopefully it will be a great job! I think seeing a consultant would possibly be quite expensive, with a long wait, but might be completely wrong.

Well we will see I have very low expectations,depends it wouldn't be expensive if it was still nhs not ruling out going private tho just want it finished at the end of the day.

I really really hope you are very pleasantly surprised Tazey!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really not sure how I'm ment to wait another 10+ days when every minute/hour drags. ? Had the job centre on my case again about thinking about my future so in 2wks I'm going to have to invent some random hobbies (for what purpose I do not know?) What part don't they get "if" there's a future it won't be till after march hounding me is depressing as there's no point talking about what id like to do if I can't actually do it. ?

Tazey, are you seeing the therapist as suggested by your doctor? Could this be something that would keep the job centre on the side?

No because the reason she referred me wasn't relevant,I doubt it as they insist on phoning every fortnight they fail to listen that things will not be any different until the works been finished. If I could come off of it I would but need the money to pay rent+live on.

So finally the end of January is here+I'm just not sure how this is going to work,he wants to attach something to the implants but what if the teeth look awfull? I'm hardly going to have something fixed in if I don't like it. I've got diazepam but it's such a small dose I don't know if it will do much. I just haven't got the energy to go all the way there for nothing. ?

Sorry to read how much you worry, tazey and I indeed hope and keep my fingers crossed for the teeth to look good. I was wondering how the teeth you would like to have would look like? Do you have a mental image or any criteria you find particularly important?

I wouldn't have a clue not fake looking I guess but it doesn't really matter how id like them to look as they'll do what's practical,they won't say it looks bad even if their thinking it.

Sorry to read how much you worry, tazey and I indeed hope and keep my fingers crossed for the teeth to look good. I was wondering how the teeth you would like to have would look like? Do you have a mental image or any criteria you find particularly important?
Tazey I too hope everything goes great for you! You’ve had such a long and hard road already. Best of luck in your visit!

So you simply wish natural looking teeth so that when you meet people nobody notices that it‘s implants? I think that is a very valid expectation.
On the other hand I also could imagine that having a full mouth of teeth after having had no teeth before (you haven‘t had a denture before either, right?) for a while might look very unusual to you at the beginning, even if they look great. You know, like sometimes if you get a haircut that is very different to what you have been used to, it may feel really strange, even if everyone keeps telling you how great it is. It‘s simply that we are used to how we look and once something changes, there is a phase to get familiar with it, even if the change is positive. So if things do not feel completely comfortable once you get your teeth, that might be the reason for it.
I so wish you get a result you are happy with, as Scared all the time mentioned, you have had such a journey and things have been hard enough for you already.

Yes pretty much,it's not that I've never had any teeth just not in a fair while. The front implant (above it) was bleeding the other day when touched so don't know if that will be an issue,I'm not sure I'll be leaving there tomorrow with teeth. Doesn't help that I'm feeling so crappy it's the last place I want to be going.

I wish you the best, Tazey! I hope tomorrow you walk out with teeth that you are happy with.
I know it isn’t nearly the same, but when I first got my flipper, I was convinced it did not look realistic. I thought the shape of the tooth was wrong and the color was off. The top didn’t sit right and I was so disappointed. However when my husband saw it, he said he was amazed at how realistic it looked. Then my doctor said the same thing, as have the few others that knew I was getting my tooth out. After a while, I realized I was being too critical and it really did look very nice.
Do you have someone you could take with you that would give you a completely unbiased opinion? I know that it has to be hard to go through all this and then not be satisfied with the end result, but sometimes our immediate response isn’t always the same reaction we have later.

I too Tazey, really hope the best for you.. This is huge!! I"m remembering too when I got 5 crowns right front and center top 12 years ago. when I got them back it took me weeks to get used to them.. I was in shock.. they seemed to big .. and just weird.. but everyone liked them and complimented my teeth. well .. it really was hard to get used to... I hope it feels and looks natural and gives you a peace ..

Back