• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

Yes I always have a family member with me (there's no way id go on my own) but they want this all over just as much as I do so will say it looks ok whatever. I'm a little worried that if I were to leave with something big "if" then how would it effect my eating as I'm having a hard time with that at the mo as it is (lost another half a stone since december). ?

I wish you all the best for your appointment. I well remember the feeling of apprehension when I went to get my front teeth implants crowned. I was not 100% sure about the try ins, but I so wanted the process over. In the end the final crowns (and the two veneers on either side of the front teeth) were very different from the try in. I was (and still am) really pleased with the result).

They do take some getting used to, my new teeth were very different to what I had before, in both shape, size and position in my jaw. If I had one piece of advice it would be this; when they hand you the little hand mirror to,have a look, concentrate on how they look in your whole face, not just on how they look in your lip and chin area.

Thinking of you and hoping for a great outcome

Nothing much to update really he tried stuff in lots of screwing/unscrewing again (painfull at times mainly the screwing part) that's about it for now next appointment in 2wks.

So you will get them now in 2 weeks? did you see how they looked ? sorry it was painful at time

Well who knows? that may be his intention but I still think they look hideous nothing any different from last time. They feel like a pair of dentures big plastic bit on the roof of my mouth (pretty sure implants shouldn't be like that right?) just chunky+have no idea how you could eat/drink with them. Like I said the other day I've lost another half a stone since december (now only 5+half) ? can't lose anymore. He said the word provisionals at one point (to his colleagues) that doesn't sound like anything permanent to me,how can this all be done+dusted in 2 appointments?

See above. Oh great just woken up+one of the caps has come off (again). ?

So not much of an update (finally had my appointment jan 31st) he tried in teeth,can't tell any difference from how they looked in october not sure what has supposedly changed? they still look like some kind of halloween costume. Then again maybe it's just my face not the teeth (let's face it I'm no oil painting) but I can't do much about that where as teeth can be changed my face cant. Next appointment in 2wks (then the final one "supposedly" 2 wks after that) he said to his assistant about provisionals tho that doesn't sound like anything permanent to me so how can it all be finished that quick? Also from what I've read implants/the plastic or whatever it is shouldn't cover the roof of your mouth is that true? I mean how an earth are you ment to eat/drink like that? I've already lost another half a stone since december so now only 5+half as it is.

I'm done if people can't even return a important phone call then I can't be bothered to go to any more appointments,just proves my point about them.

I'm done if people can't even return a important phone call then I can't be bothered to go to any more appointments,just proves my point about them.
Don’t give up you’ve come so far. Can’t you go to the office in person? It’s kind of hard for them to ignore you once your standing in front of them ? your the only one that will fight for you, you can’t let them win. Their life goes on as normal, if you quit and they win your the other hand continues to suffer from it.

I think Scared does have a point. What if you showed up? I mean you did have your cap come off and that is very valid. And you can say, I emailed and you didn't return my email, so I'm here. When my office didn't return my last email with questions I went in to pay my payment and at the same time they asked how everything was doing I told them I didn't hear back I had emailed. seems it got lost in the shuffle and they are a busy emergency clinic. well. the Dr had me come back that minute and answered all my questions and helped. I don't know your clinic and how it runs but if its close enough it might be worth a shot.. they might say no and they might say yes and help.. I agree its much harder to ignore someone who is in front of them.. though some ARE capable of this. its more unlikely.

I can't just get a lift there it's miles away it would be waste of time anyway as he's not there most days. I don't have the energy to fight nor should I have to,I'm cutting out the stress it's causing to everyone. I've got bigger things to worry about like why my blood tests have come back abnormal.

I can't just get a lift there it's miles away it would be waste of time anyway as he's not there most days. I don't have the energy to fight nor should I have to,I'm cutting out the stress it's causing to everyone. I've got bigger things to worry about like why my blood tests have come back abnormal.
Sorry to hear that tazey I do hope all is well ?

Can't even find out those results for another week. ?

Such a great few wks to come first up this week job centre then hospital Friday (where he claims to be fitting stuff) then 2wks of b12 injections x6 then the wk after my "final" hospital appointment. I just need a friggin break there's nothing good anymore not even weekends out. ?

At least all of this should keep you busy

At least all of this should keep you busy
Well still sat here doing nothing inbetween other than waiting it's just tiring to find any energy to go to things that will cause me more pain+not achieve anything.

The vitamin B12 will definitely help with your energy levels, your teeth are nearly finished, and the job centre will help you move on with your life. Could be all good.

Back