• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

I hope the b12 works I have a needle phobia tho,the teeth still look awful+they job centre just harass me they can't help right now.

I hope the b12 works I have a needle phobia tho,the teeth still look awful+they job centre just harass me they can't help right now.
I think the most important step is first get your b12 levels back up. I use to hate needles too. (Tons of blood work cured that ?) but b12 will increase both you fatigue and mood plus a host of other things. Once that’s done you can focus on other things. You have to keep in mind every journey begins with one step. Nobody got where we are today all at once. You have to get your health back on track first.

I think the most important step is first get your b12 levels back up. I use to hate needles too. (Tons of blood work cured that ?) but b12 will increase both you fatigue and mood plus a host of other things. Once that’s done you can focus on other things. You have to keep in mind every journey begins with one step. Nobody got where we are today all at once. You have to get your health back on track first.
Yes I get that unfortunately tho it is happening all at once can't really change that.

I'm fuming ? let's see if I can try+upload pix.

The teeth were attached but as expected look horrendous it took a few hrs+despite me hating them im now sat here looking a freak,I'm freaking out because I don't like the plastic covering the roof of my mouth im unable to eat+drink (so bound to lose more weight). I want them out now but its the weekend what do I do? My only support can't stand the added stress this is causing as they have a relative in hospital who is critically ill+I feel bad for putting this on them.

Tazey,

I'm so sorry you are not happy with the outcome , for all the time waiting. that is frustrating and disheartening.. What it sounds like is they really missed the mark in listening to you, and your needs and goals , and that it wasn't just to get some teeth in but you wanted to feel comfortalbe in the aesthetics and function and not having that bulk in the roof of your mouth , like they really didn't communicate that and how it would be to you.. Communication is so important . I don't know what to say.. I wish it hadn't been like this for you. I hope there is some solution in the near future to make you feel more comfortable. :grouphug:

I'm literally stuck don't know how to make it through the weekend,or even where to go in general regarding somewhere else,certainly can't wait 2wks for the next appointment.

Sorry to hear you are so unhappy. Might it be possible that because you have been without teeth for a while that you are just surprised and not used to them? A bit like when you get a very different haircut and get a shock every time you pass a mirror for the first few days?

My understanding of your story might be wrong, so apologies if I am getting muddled, but do I remember you have had the treatment on the NHS? There must be a patient liaison person attached to the trust you can speak with/complain to. I understand that NHS provision of implants is very limited and that you have been through significant illness or trauma to qualify, so I am so, so sorry that you have ended up unhappy with the outcome.

No people keep saying that but I don't think that's the case they honestly look awful (couldn't feel more ugly) yes I'm nhs+yes we've complained to PALS several times it doesn't get very far. I'm strongly thinking of going back to the original place I went to in 2013 that's if they'll touch me or I'm literally screwed. ?

I also don't know why there's only 12? why no side ones? like I say horrendous. Will try+put pix up 2moro phone isn't very good at tho.

Please post a pic, I bet they look great. We are our own harshest critics!

Tazey, I am so sorry they were not what you were hoping for. I know that has got to be disappointing, especially if there are not ones on the sides/back. I know what you mean about the plastic bulky feeling, though. My flipper for my front tooth has the acrylic bulk that goes over part of the roof of my mouth. Although I have gotten used to it now, it took months and felt awful for the longest time. It did feel weird when I ate and just felt “wrong”.

Tazey, I am so sorry they were not what you were hoping for. I know that has got to be disappointing, especially if there are not ones on the sides/back. I know what you mean about the plastic bulky feeling, though. My flipper for my front tooth has the acrylic bulk that goes over part of the roof of my mouth. Although I have gotten used to it now, it took months and felt awful for the longest time. It did feel weird when I ate and just felt “wrong”.
I just don't understand why you'd only do ones at the front that's not normal (plus they stick out),I dont know how they can stand there+lie at how great they look. I thought implants weren't ment to feel bulky/plastic? I can't be doing that for months I need to get my weight up not lose more.

I just don't understand why you'd only do ones at the front that's not normal (plus they stick out),I dont know how they can stand there+lie at how great they look. I thought implants weren't ment to feel bulky/plastic? I can't be doing that for months I need to get my weight up not lose more.
Didn’t Gordon say that some implants are like dentures supported by implants? Maybe that is what they gave you? I don’t understand all of how that works but I don’t get the plastic on the roof of the mouth either.
Are there more implants on the sides that are not covered by the teeth?

Didn’t Gordon say that some implants are like dentures supported by implants? Maybe that is what they gave you? I don’t understand all of how that works but I don’t get the plastic on the roof of the mouth either.
Are there more implants on the sides that are not covered by the teeth?
Some might be but I've said all along that's not what I wanted,I'm not sure I get the last part I think so not sure,I'm not sure if hes calling these the finals if so that's shocking all i know is I'm seriously done with that place (they've wasted 7yrs of my life). Obviously I now somehow have to get down there monday so they can be taken out (so that I can eat/drink again) even tho I'm supposed to have doctors that day,then after that I guess it's straight back to square one again. ?

Some might be but I've said all along that's not what I wanted,I'm not sure I get the last part I think so not sure,I'm not sure if hes calling these the finals if so that's shocking all i know is I'm seriously done with that place (they've wasted 7yrs of my life). Obviously I now somehow have to get down there monday so they can be taken out (so that I can eat/drink again) even tho I'm supposed to have doctors that day,then after that I guess it's straight back to square one again. ?

What I meant about implants on the sides was wondering if there were some that were not fitted yet. As in maybe they were going in later?

Maybe these are not your final implant crowns?

Perhaps these are not the final teeth, but you have been fitted with these to get you used to something in your mouth. The acrylic across the roof of the mouth may be to keep the strength of a partial set. Did they say what they were doing at the next appointment?

What I meant about implants on the sides was wondering if there were some that were not fitted yet. As in maybe they were going in later?

Maybe these are not your final implant crowns?
Well if that's the case why didn't he say? There's only 1 appointment left so why leave it to the last min?

Perhaps these are not the final teeth, but you have been fitted with these to get you used to something in your mouth. The acrylic across the roof of the mouth may be to keep the strength of a partial set. Did they say what they were doing at the next appointment?
Well it doesn't feel right so will be coming back out Monday they shouldn't feel like dentures. He didn't even explain what he was doing at that appointment let alone the next one. I will be getting an appointment asap at the original place I went too in 2013.

Well if that's the case why didn't he say? There's only 1 appointment left so why leave it to the last min?
From what you have said, it doesn’t sound like he has told you much of anything about what to expect

Back