• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

Yep sums it up,like I said never had a treatment plan written down.

Absolute friggin joke get up early yesterday phoned up 3/4 times during the morning/afternoon as no one was getting back to us to say we could go down. Then about 5pm a phone call in we can fit you in at 6:30 (it's late night) well bit bloody late as my lifts been waiting all day+i just told my lift not to bother as it wasn't looking likely,plus it's rush hour how can we get there in that time. Plus I had doctors anyway hence why we wanted to go earlier. He's not in today so can't try again till wed/thu fuming!

Last edited:
Not great pix you can't see how much they stick out but it's hard to try+take them,honest opinions please!

Attachments

• IMG_20200217_104616.jpg
    IMG_20200217_104616.jpg
    698.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20200217_104606.jpg
    IMG_20200217_104606.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20200215_145247.jpg
    IMG_20200215_145247.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 52
To be completely honest, they actually look very nice to me. Nice shape and size. I am not just saying that, either.
I can see the plastic/acrylic bit behind them that you are talking about and I can see how that would be difficult to get used to but it is similar to what I have with the flipper and I did eventually get used to eating with it in. It took almost a month, though. I could only manage soup for a long time.
My front tooth that was pulled was pushed forward due to overcrowding. It always felt like it stuck out, but my friends and husband told me they couldn’t tell. I think it always feels like it more to us as we can feel it. I know when I get my crowns in next week it will feel like it is sticking out again.
Yours don’t look like they are sticking out.

Not great pix you can't see how much they stick out but it's hard to try+take them,honest opinions please!
Good morning tazey ? I’m by no means an expert on implants, but since you asked for honest opinions on how they look. Here’s mine. 100% honest here. I personally don’t think they look bad at all they look pretty natural to me ? And I like you don’t understand why they only provided front and no sides/back teeth but if I were to see you and not know they were implants, I wouldn’t be able to tell. However my opinion or not it’s you that has to be the one happy. They have to feel comfortable and work for you.

To be completely honest, they actually look very nice to me. Nice shape and size. I am not just saying that, either.
I can see the plastic/acrylic bit behind them that you are talking about and I can see how that would be difficult to get used to but it is similar to what I have with the flipper and I did eventually get used to eating with it in. It took almost a month, though. I could only manage soup for a long time.
My front tooth that was pulled was pushed forward due to overcrowding. It always felt like it stuck out, but my friends and husband told me they couldn’t tell. I think it always feels like it more to us as we can feel it. I know when I get my crowns in next week it will feel like it is sticking out again.
I have that same front too problem due to overcrowding ? I can’t believe next week you get your crowns ?

Last edited:
But they don't suit the rest of my face (not putting a full pic up) and 12 teeth just isn't normal on anyone,like I said not the best photos.

Good morning tazey ? I’m by no means an expert on implants, but since you asked for honest opinions on how they look. Here’s mine. 100% honest here. I personally don’t think they look bad at all they look pretty natural to me ? And I like you don’t understand why they only provided front and no sides/back teeth but if I were to see you and not know they were implants, I wouldn’t be able to tell. However my opinion or not it’s you that has to be the one happy. They have to feel comfortable and work for you.
But how can you act normal/smile fully when there's nothing at the sides? of course people would notice how would you not be conscious of that. Yes exactly I'm not happy at all so how can people think that's ok.

But they don't suit the rest of my face (not putting a full pic up) and 12 teeth just isn't normal on anyone,like I said not the best photos.
I agree that it would bother me to just have the 12 teeth as well. I do think the teeth look good with your mouth size/shape though. Honestly, I have friends who have big teeth and although you notice it at first, it just becomes background once you get to know them. My husband has really small teeth because he has ground them down over the years at night. He is super self conscious about them but again, when you look at someone you see their whole face and don’t focus in on just their teeth. Everyone has things they are not happy about with their looks. I dislike how crooked my teeth are, especially after suffering through three years of braces as a kid.
Overall, though, you have to live with them. You might try giving it a few weeks just to see if you can get used to them. Like I said, it took a month before I got used to eating with my one fake tooth so I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to get used to 12 new ones!
I would definitely ask them about the side teeth, though.

Let's just say the rest of my face is far from great so I'm not going to make it look worse+it does since friday,I can't give them a few weeks when I'm not able to eat/drink im losing weight and only 5+half stone as it is. I'd love to hear a dentists opinion on this,is there someone who could tag a few in this I don't know how too.

Let's just say the rest of my face is far from great so I'm not going to make it look worse+it does since friday,I can't give them a few weeks when I'm not able to eat/drink im losing weight and only 5+half stone as it is. I'd love to hear a dentists opinion on this,is there someone who could tag a few in this I don't know how too.
Can you post your pictures in the Ask a Dentist section? I think to tag you just put the @ in front of their username.

Hi Tazey, your front teeth look very good to me; the job is obviously not finished as I can see the unused implant posts at the back of your mouth. I am guessing that a full set of teeth will be fitted at your next appointment. I think that you said that he mentioned that they were a provisional set at a previous visit.

I have a friend who has an “all on six” set of implant supported teeth similar to yours and after he got his initial set of acrylic teeth, he had a set of zirconia teeth made and they look fantastic. Apparently zirconia is stronger and longer lasting than acrylic. Perhaps that is an option for you further down the track.

Hi Tazey, your front teeth look very good to me; the job is obviously not finished as I can see the unused implant posts at the back of your mouth. I am guessing that a full set of teeth will be fitted at your next appointment. I think that you said that he mentioned that they were a provisional set at a previous visit.

I have a friend who has an “all on six” set of implant supported teeth similar to yours and after he got his initial set of acrylic teeth, he had a set of zirconia teeth made and they look fantastic. Apparently zirconia is stronger and longer lasting than acrylic. Perhaps that is an option for you further down the track.

This would be good! That would make sense as to why there are only the front now. That would also explain the thick piece at the roof of your mouth. Acrylic is not very strong. Maybe the final will not be like that. I am getting zirconia for my crowns.

Surely he should have said that tho? I did not know there wasn't any side ones till I got home+looked,I think he mentioned the word provisional to his assistant but who knows. Doubt zirconia is on the cards I get what I'm given+just supposed to be happy with it. ?

Tazey, sorry, l just realised this is a current post. I don't understand why you only have 6 teeth though, my temporary dentures from an incompetent dentist at least had 6 top and bottom. It's difficult to see from the photos, but in the last one they do look like they suit your face but it's how you feel about them that matters. Are they supported by a bar or screwed in and when do you get your final ones? It does take a while to get used to a new look... l have had 3 new looks and don't know if l'm coming or going! Have forgotten what is "normal" for me. Just know l'm sending positive vibes for a good outcome for you. xxx

Tazey, sorry, l just realised this is a current post. I don't understand why you only have 6 teeth though, my temporary dentures from an incompetent dentist at least had 6 top and bottom. It's difficult to see from the photos, but in the last one they do look like they suit your face but it's how you feel about them that matters. Are they supported by a bar or screwed in and when do you get your final ones? It does take a while to get used to a new look... l have had 3 new looks and don't know if l'm coming or going! Have forgotten what is "normal" for me. Just know l'm sending positive vibes for a good outcome for you. xxx
6 bottom+6 top but still wouldn't call that "normal",I have no clue how they were put in he didn't say I'm not sure if they are my finals or what? thanks for the positive vibes I sure do need them. Still trying to get an appointment no point trekking there till we know for sure,but I do have doctors again later so not happy that I'm left hanging yet again. ?

Oh what a surprise won't be today now possibly 2moro or friday so still left hanging,they don't give a s**t I can't eat.

So sorry you have to deal with this Tazey, how completely frustrating.. !! :(:sick:

Surely I have some sort of rights to have this taken out? It's nearly been a f**king week.

Okay I looked again I really would assume that this is a temporary restoration as it appears that you have at least one implant further back on the top right that hasn't been used. This might have been done just to get you out of a complete denture and to start to get an idea of where to go with you. I have a patient that I will be starting an all on 4 for her top only. Perhaps I can post her case if she allows me on a seperate thread FYI.

Back