• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

6 bottom+6 top but still wouldn't call that "normal",I have no clue how they were put in he didn't say I'm not sure if they are my finals or what? thanks for the positive vibes I sure do need them. Still trying to get an appointment no point trekking there till we know for sure,but I do have doctors again later so not happy that I'm left hanging yet again. ?

Tazey, sorry but just read my post and l meant to say l had 12 top and bottom, not 6. Certainly your 6 top and bottom is a mystery. Hopefully these are only to get you used to having something in your mouth again and your finals will be at least 12 top and bottom. It took me nearly 3 years to complete mine... but are on implants that are compromised... so my heart goes out to you on your long journey. As long as your implants are sound the final restoration should be a good job eventually. I completely understand your frustration after so long but you are an incrediby strong woman to go the distance you have endured. I was broken and diminished after 3 years. Chin up and be proud of who you are and what you are capable of. xx

How are you doing, Tazey? Were you ever able to get in?

Sorry not been on here much it's been a hell ish 2+half wks,so after the first week of trying to get it taken out with no luck then get told my consultants on holiday for another wk so basically I've been suffering as no one else will touch it (tried everywhere). ? Finally I had my planned appointment yesterday+tbh was a nightmare from start to finish after that long I just wanted it out+to rest my mouth/jaw I don't know how many times you have to say something people just don't listen,he took them out replaced it with something equally uncomfortable+made me wait in the waiting area for half hr (pretty sure it was longer than that) had a scarf over my face the whole time didn't really care what people were thinking. I was dizzy needed to eat it had already been a long day as had doctors that morning,he wanted to put the altered teeth back in but I was so over it just wanted the caps (whatever you call them) back on so I could leave not gonna go through another wk or more with pain obviously he wasn't happy with this but had to do it+made it as painful as poss. Pretty sure the people in the waiting area prob heard me screaming out the pain was rather extreme,id say I have a fairly strong pain threshold having had an abscess+extreme toothaches in the past but that was just pure torture. By the time we'd driven home the pain had almost gone,currently there is no next appointment yet as haven't made one couldn't get out of there fast enough but I really don't know what to do next??? I can't go through that again+it's not fair on the person I go with having to watch me go through it.

So sorry your appointment went like this, tazey. Sounds like a torture.. :(
I wasn't sure I understood whether you are still having the front teeth in or whether anything changed, apart of you having another painful experience..

So sorry your appointment went like this, tazey. Sounds like a torture.. :(
I wasn't sure I understood whether you are still having the front teeth in or whether anything changed, apart of you having another painful experience..
I needed a rest so no at the mo the implants are covered with the caps like how it was before,at least I can eat a bit better for now but like I say still in a awkward situation.

Oh tazey, I hate to hear that. I know that all the screwing and unscrewing of the implant caps and the abutments was super painful to me as well, and my dentist ended up giving me shots. At that point I was happy for the shots even though I hate them so much.
I hope you can get some rest.

Should it really be soo painful tho? I just know as soon as he touches the top its gonna hurt. My jaw/mouth is getting a rest now which is good just wish the rest of me could,my body never gets to relax. Even if I decided to have a shot I don't trust him to do it not with how rough he is with impressions,I was literally gagging+he's just like another minute. ?

I just hate to hear how insensitive they are to you and your concerns.. that would be so frusttrating and disheartening ...I'm so sorry you have to go through this Tazey

Should it really be soo painful tho? I just know as soon as he touches the top its gonna hurt. My jaw/mouth is getting a rest now which is good just wish the rest of me could,my body never gets to relax. Even if I decided to have a shot I don't trust him to do it not with how rough he is with impressions,I was literally gagging+he's just like another minute. ?

It hurt really bad for me. I have a fairly high pain tolerance as well, and the previous visit I was literally coming out of the chair. The dentist said he would use a topical the next time. He did but ended up giving me a shot also, because it was so painful.

It hurt really bad for me. I have a fairly high pain tolerance as well, and the previous visit I was literally coming out of the chair. The dentist said he would use a topical the next time. He did but ended up giving me a shot also, because it was so painful.
Thing is he did use a topical gel but I don't think it makes any difference. I just don't know what to do next? ? was it better after the shot?

I know it was good for me with the shot. both my dentists gave me the choice and they know I was sensitive so suggested they give the shot and I went for it right away. I would personally better have the shot and not feel things.

Thing is he did use a topical gel but I don't think it makes any difference. I just don't know what to do next? ? was it better after the shot?
Absolutely! The topical did not help at all. With the shot, all I felt was pressure which was not comfortable but did not hurt at all. The shot made all the difference. I was able to relax finally.

I have always had the shots. It is also easier for the dentist without their patients squirming and tensing in the chair, which makes the process quicker. Did you find out about the side/back teeth?

I have always had the shots. It is also easier for the dentist without their patients squirming and tensing in the chair, which makes the process quicker. Did you find out about the side/back teeth?
Not exactly he didn't really show the teeth after they got back from the lab.

How long can you have them in your mouth before the teeth should be fitted? I'm being told they should be done sooner rather than later yet they left my mouth like this since may (when the implants were put in) only now do they say this. I had sort of temps in for 2+half wks but insisted they get taken out as wasn't happy with them+they were giving me trouble,it was complete agony/torture having them screwed back on (the caps) I'm not even sure I can go back there. ?

My last appointment was beginning of March (before everything kicked off) obviously my may appointment got cancelled. Now been offered a consultation for next week (at the private place I want to change to) but its half an hour away+I have no way of getting there as we still aren't allowed to mingle with people outside our house. ? Also the hospital said they can book me in for 4wks time but I don't see how that will be possible if they can't do any procedures/use aerosols still,but that is also over half hour away so same problem anyway. I just don't know how things are ever going to get finished I can't bare to keep eating the same thing every day it makes me gag+swallowing food whole hurts my throat,guess I'm just looking for any advice.

If they’re offering consultations you must be allowed to go there. And a medical appointment is a valid reason for leaving the house. Can someone in your household drive you there? Is public transport running? Can you get a taxi (maybe too expensive?). And hospitals have often got the full PPE stuff so can handle the aerosols. Maybe give them a call to find out.
You sound really worried. I’d try to get to the appointments if at all possible. Good luck!

If they’re offering consultations you must be allowed to go there. And a medical appointment is a valid reason for leaving the house. Can someone in your household drive you there? Is public transport running? Can you get a taxi (maybe too expensive?). And hospitals have often got the full PPE stuff so can handle the aerosols. Maybe give them a call to find out.
You sound really worried. I’d try to get to the appointments if at all possible. Good luck!
Yes but no one in my house drives the only person who could give me a lift should be sheilding+has already picked his "bubble",I'm not feeling well enough to get the train+taxi would be a fortune there+back. The thing with the hospital is I don't want to go back there but if I leave I have no where else to go,I'm not worried just peed off that covid has caused more problems on top of the ones that were already there. I want to just say screw it all but how can I when it's effecting my eating,it would be easier if someone just took them out (implants).

That sounds incredibly frustrating. Not to mention painful if you can’t eat. You have my sympathy and I really hope you can find a solution!

Thanks it's not that I can't eat just shouldn't be this difficult too.

Back