• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

What I hope for for you tazey, is that a private dentist will do their best to accomodate your needs and take things at your pace so hopefully this will be a better experience compared to your past ones.
Thanks I'm still doubtful that it will be finished in august but we shall see,I'm out of options if not.

So this week will be my 3rd appointment (out of 6) to finish my implants,I'm just finding it hard to believe that it can all be finished that quickly. Appointment 1 was just photos taken,appointment 2 was more photos+caps taken on+off,I don't know what the next one entails Is it still weird that I don't have a written treatment plan? My family members think in September it will all be done+dusted/finished im not sure it's that simple,there's a lot of pressure for things to go right this time+if I'm not happy they'll just say I'm being fussy. Can it all be finished in the next 4 appointments?

I'm not sure. I had teeth pulled and aveoloplasty done. I was told to wait until fully healed to get implants so that's not even on the table right now.

I'm not sure. I had teeth pulled and aveoloplasty done. I was told to wait until fully healed to get implants so that's not even on the table right now.
My extractions were 2013 second op was 2017 third op (the implants) was 2019, I've been healed 2yrs it's just a case of finishing them/attaching teeth.

Ah gotcha. Now I'm going to stalk your thread so I will know what to expect. LOL

Ah gotcha. Now I'm going to stalk your thread so I will know what to expect. LOL
My journal would prob put people off lol (it's not the normal situation tho+wouldn't be that way for most people).

Why don't you just ask for a written treatment plan? Presumably, you've paid a lot of money for this, and you're entitled to one.

I have asked,got a line of two about a couple of the dates that was all.

What exactly did you ask in your email to them (wording)?

I don't do emails.

Ah I get, you asked them while you were there, and it never arrived?

No I got a letter,just didn't have much on it.

Emails are a paper trail so they can't say you never asked. Send the email.

Maybe you could ring them and ask for a more detailed treatment plan, or if you don't like speaking on the phone, send them a letter?

I don't have email.
You have internet access though, so sign up for a Google or yahoo email account. It is free. Most people use them as they are consistent even if you change internet providers. They can be accessed from any cell phone or online computer.

You have internet access though, so sign up for a Google or yahoo email account. It is free. Most people use them as they are consistent even if you change internet providers. They can be accessed from any cell phone or online computer.
Not really im on an old BlackBerry phone till I can get a new one not really an issue they do have phones,people survived before internet lol

Feeling deflated had appointment number 3 the other day,wasn't feeling great anyway going out in a heatwave (ok the only good part being out in the car half hour there+back when you've been stuck in 24/7). He took more photos,took the caps on+off again,did a wax try in. He moved the angle of 1 of the back implants (not sure if that was intentional or accidental) but it now feels sharp+rubs on my tongue I can't even tell if there's a cap on there or if it's come off. Also the wax try in did not look good at all they didn't suit my face (not sure why people were saying they looked fine) I was talking to someone online+they said the finals will look like the try ins well if that's the case I give up now. They were also very bulky+felt like dentures how on earth are you supposed to eat with them in? Will the finals be like that? there's a reason I didn't go down that route yet I'm not seeing any difference. Next appointment in 2wks (right on my birthday) so way to ruin that just exhausted+tired of not having any support,family members are already saying I'm being fussy (they arent the ones living with it)+are convinced it will all be finished in September.

I wish I knew what was going to happen in September if it doesn't work out I don't have a plan c and if it does work out im still not sure how that will change things. ?

Are they fixed bridges or implant-supported overdentures?

Back