• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

Will they be fixed so you have to clean around them in your mouth, or will you take them out for daily cleaning?

Will they be fixed so you have to clean around them in your mouth, or will you take them out for daily cleaning?
I've said all along they will be fixed.

Do they come with pink gum bits, or just teeth?

I wouldn't know haven't seen yet.

Well the wax try in would be the appointment where you can give your input and ask for changes to be made. Do you have any photos from when you still had your own teeth which show the shape they used to be? It must be quite difficult to come up with a shape if you have nothing to go on. Or maybe you could draw or describe the shape you're after.

Did you ask about the bulky feel, and if so, what did they say?

Did you ask for a printout of the treatment plan while you were there?

It was just the first try in so no he didn't ask about changes yet,no I've got no photos of me never liked having my photo taken. I didn't ask about it being bulky because I thought that's what a wax try in is ment to be like,I'm assuming that's not how it is when they fit the actual teeth? Yes but it's not arrived yet.

That's great, at least you'll get a better idea of what's going on once the treatment plan has arrived.

Maybe you could have a think about what sort of shape you'd like your teeth to be (looking at other people's teeth) or describe what they used to be like in the past. Otherwise, they'll have to make a very wild guess as to what you're after.

What letsconnect says is correct, the wax try ins are the last stage before the final teeth are made in the laboratory. This is an expensive process and changing your mind after they are made could be very costly.

What are your expectations? Have you told your Dentist how you want them to look?

He said they could be changed so its not like that's it,after 8yrs I have zero expectations+will leave that down to the experts.

He said they could be changed so its not like that's it,after 8yrs I have zero expectations+will leave that down to the experts.

Tazey, this is a bit of a contradiction: you have been leaving it down to the experts all the time, but have also been very frustrated with all outcomes so far. So there is the conviction that the outlook will be bad and you will hate the teeth, the try-ins were too bulky, but at the same time you do not plan on letting them know about your preferences. How is the dentist then supposed to understand what you wish? You are a customer and deserve to get the teeth you want, particularly after the whole ordeal - if that's not happening, then what's the point? I wished you would finally get the outcome you wish for and start to go about your life again. :clover:

Tazey, this is a bit of a contradiction: you have been leaving it down to the experts all the time, but have also been very frustrated with all outcomes so far. So there is the conviction that the outlook will be bad and you will hate the teeth, the try-ins were too bulky, but at the same time you do not plan on letting them know about your preferences. How is the dentist then supposed to understand what you wish? You are a customer and deserve to get the teeth you want, particularly after the whole ordeal - if that's not happening, then what's the point? I wished you would finally get the outcome you wish for and start to go about your life again. :clover:
It's not a contradiction im at a different place now (very different nothing like the hospital) I never got a say at the hospital it was a case of get what your given+be happy with that. Id assume they were bulky because that's how try ins are,I've been told once they are done it won't feel like that. The only real goal is to get my appetite back+be able to eat (obviously being underweight isn't helping matters) the rest of my life will unfortunately not get back on track anytime soon due to other situations.

Aah, I see. So you trust the dentist now more than you did trust the people at the hospital so you feel like just letting them do. And you got the information that the try ins are usually bulky, but the real teeth won't feel that way, so you go with it. Sounds good. Hope all will go well and your appetite will get back with your teeth. Sorry to read about the other situations in your life. I understood that you don't have much hope for it to get sorted soon, but I hope for you anyway, if I may :clover:

Aah, I see. So you trust the dentist now more than you did trust the people at the hospital so you feel like just letting them do. And you got the information that the try ins are usually bulky, but the real teeth won't feel that way, so you go with it. Sounds good. Hope all will go well and your appetite will get back with your teeth. Sorry to read about the other situations in your life. I understood that you don't have much hope for it to get sorted soon, but I hope for you anyway, if I may :clover:
Well I have to really (as there's nowhere else to go),the dentist didn't say that about the try ins I was told that by other people who've had it done. Well keep getting told my appetite will come back not sure it's that simple tho if it's down to stress,thanks I'll have an expensive smile just unfortunately won't be able to show it off.

Today marks yet another year of my life wasted,feeling pretty worthless+lonely right now but to be expected. Having an appointment this week didn't help either. ?

Oh great tomorrow is appointment number 5 (supposedly what the receptionist called the big one,fitting+walking away with something) now they phone last min+say no it won't be that it will just be another try in. That's what the last appointment was so really don't see the point in doing the same waste of time me going,its clearly not going to be finished by September. I know why they've done it but I hate last min changes+they know that its just like the old place all over again. ?

It sounds like they want to be certain the new teeth are just perfect for you, doing another try-in - hopefully they will be!

No that's not the reason its because the money/payment issue hasn't been sorted yet,I don't see how it can all be finished in 1 final appointment.

10 days till my "final" appointment, wish there hadn't been a 4wk wait in between its dragging and feeling like much more,any ideas how I can pass the time? Can't wait to eat something nice/different.

Its gone midnight I'm sat here in agony crying (have been since about 5'o clock) can't eat/drink/talk. ? ? the second pic is me trying to close my mouth (the lips won't shut) this is so much worse than last time+that's saying something.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1631731289409.jpg
    FB_IMG_1631731289409.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 28
  • FB_IMG_1631731293898.jpg
    FB_IMG_1631731293898.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 30
Back