• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My long nightmare/story!

Is the permanent or temp ones? I think they look very realistic and size wise, they fit your mouth. Is there a different colored spot on the front tooth? I ask because my dentist made my implant crown on my front tooth imperfect on purpose. He said it would make it more realistic.

@MountainMama Permanent,size wise they are smaller (than the temps) tho people have told me the front two don't match. Its 10:30pm here+they are still pretty uncomfortable, regarding the spot he said something about it being a marker?? so I'm guessing won't stay like that. Colour wise they could perhaps be a bit whiter, I can see me making another trip out 2moro. ?

How are people ment to respond if its in the ask a dentist section?
The forum guidelines request that people don’t post photos or explicit videos in the Support section, as some people find pictures of teeth too distressing to look at. We could merge it with your Journal thread instead if you don’t want it in this section?

It might also be an idea to post a photo with your upper lip in a natural, relaxed position ?

I wouldn't exactly call them graphic pictures (its a dental forum wouldn't that be expected). My lips don't meet (same as when I had the temps) so there's no relaxed position..

I wouldn't exactly call them graphic pictures (its a dental forum wouldn't that be expected).

To be a bit more specific, we are a dental fear/anxiety/phobia forum, so we are just mindful of any material Answering dental questions is a small extra that we have for people who can't get themselves to see a dentist yet, so no, it's not to be expected. WIth that being said, like you, many people find it helpful to get opinions or the possibility to post a picture, so as letsconnect mentioned, it's just about finding a section where it's ok to have them.

As to your pictures, I think they look great. I see the line of the denture, but I guess that one is not visible when you smile, right? Hope the discomfort settles soon.

@Enarete As other people have told me they do not look great+I agree (its not a denture) you can see my own gum its so obvious, the front 2 aren't the same size,colour isn't great+its a bit more than discomfort. Nobody would pay the amount I'm paying for that.

So the line is visible also when you “just” smile and talk? I guess looking great is a very subjective thing, to me the teeth look good and I would assume those are natural healthy teeth.

My front two teeth don’t match, with one being an implant. It bothered me a lot at first, as they are slightly different size and shape but no one notices it but me unless they scrutinize it closely. I can’t tell yours are different.
As far as color, honestly I wouldn’t go whiter. It wouldn’t look natural. I have always felt my teeth were yellowish, and darker than other peoples, but when I was getting my implant crowns matched, mine were almost at the lightest shade on the color chart. My dentist told me that some yellowing makes it look more natural as teeth are not usually white.

To be completely honest, having had my front tooth redone twice and having gotten the opinion of several different dentists and oral surgeons, I realized that we are probably never going to be happy with replacement teeth/crowns. They are not real, so they are never going to look right to us. We are always going to be more critical since we can look in the mirror and pick them apart. Every time I look in the mirror I see flaws with my front tooth. No one else sees them unless I point them out.

All that to say that I think these look so much more realistic and fit your mouth, much better than the others you posted.

@MountainMama The bottom half do seem white its just nearer the top that seem yellow,they don't stick out as much but still feel massively bulky (which I'm told shouldn't be the case with zirconia). The gum line is the big problem you shouldn't see the join,they pull my face down making it look really long (which you can't see in the pic,I've never had a long face its odd). Plus the lips still don't fully shut properly when their in which is also odd as people don't go around with a slight bit of teeth showing. On the plus side they are out now.

See that's as shut as can be.

Attachments

• IMG_20220215_112158.jpg
    IMG_20220215_112158.jpg
    743.8 KB · Views: 15
See that's as shut as can be.
Are they going to make them smaller, then? I know with my front tooth crown, (it is zirconia), it was a little bulky as well. The dentist had to shave down the back of it quite a bit so that my bottom teeth didn’t hit it. It felt so much better after.

@MountainMama I'm not sure yet he said he needs to have a think+will get back to us in a few days,we left there late+wanted to get on the motorway before traffic got worse. I will mention the issues then.

Its been over 2wks so phoned up+still don't really know what's going on,apparently there's a letter in the post (whatever that's supposed to mean).

So the only option now is being referred to London,well that's not really possible right now so guess my story is coming to an end.

So the only option now is being referred to London,well that's not really possible right now so guess my story is coming to an end. ?
I am so sorry to hear that, Tazey.

Story of my life+now also minus £8000.

Nothings really happened in the last 2mths but he's referred me somewhere else (appointment next week) I have absolutely no idea how this will work as we've already paid the current place half of the money,oh+their expecting a consultation fee at this place. 🙄 Plus there's the added stress of money now going digital I don't want to get the work done+not be able to pay them,its taken a long time to save up my cash but that may all be for nothing. I'm only going to this appointment as I'm being pressured into it.

Slight update,this is what the new place have come up with so interested to hear opinions. (Obviously their just plastic)

Attachments

• IMG_20220727_171835.jpg
    IMG_20220727_171835.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220727_171829.jpg
    IMG_20220727_171829.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220727_171745.jpg
    IMG_20220727_171745.jpg
    902.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220727_171642.jpg
    IMG_20220727_171642.jpg
    869.8 KB · Views: 11
@tazey I think those look good! Much better with size and shape and realistic looking.

How do they feel? I would think it would be hard to tell without the bottom ones in as well.

Still bulky,they are very rounded not flat,completely slanted on one side (maybe it doesn't show up on the pix) its also hard to say when their plastic.

Back