• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My new dentist recommends extracing all of my wisdom teeth

E

Elliot

I have three left including a crown on one. My new dentist and especially the hygienist are bugging me about getting all of them pulled. They do not bother me and are fine .Why do I need to have the pulled? I spent thousand of dollars restoring two them.

I have three left including a crown on one. My new dentist and especially the hygienist are bugging me about getting all of them pulled. They do not bother me and are fine .Why do I need to have the pulled? I spent thousand of dollars restoring two them.

Quite simply you don't. Reading this alongside your other thread I think your new dentist is simply trying to maximise his profits. Time to change? In the UK the guidelines for wisdom tooth removal are to leave well alone unless they are causing issues or are very likely to cause issues. Why because there are risks involved in removal.
In the USA it seems to be much more common for dentists to remove them 'just in case'.