• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My new worry?

F

Fati96

Hi
These days I have a new worry which I really don't know what to do!
After 13 years avoidance of dentistry, I searched for a kind and patient dentist and finally went to him and I should say he is so kind, calm and professional. (I dont go to my mother and sister's dentist because he is rough) .
I have lots of dental works. But my dentist told me that he more does implants and he is so busy and my next appointment will be for next month?that's too far!!
Anyway I got appointments for next month.
He also offered me a dentist to go and do my dental works during this month and then comeback to himself. but in fact my mother told me "I don't know whether she (that offered dentist) is professional or not, I cant trust, so we go to our family dentist."
I have an emergency dental work and my mother took an appointment for tomorrow with that family dentist!
Our family dentist is a rough one who increases my anxiety! And I feel so bad in his office! I prefer my own dentist But as I told you his schedule is busy and I can see him only every 3 weeks!
I go tomorrow but I cant tolerate him!
What should I do now???
I want to cry?
Should I beg my own dentist to set appointment for me on his list sooner?
Do you think it will be effective to request him?
I really feel relax and calm in his office , how should I convince him to visit me and give me more appoinents? (Every 3 weeks is too late)
Have you ever been in this situation?

Hi Fati, why do you feel that next month is too far and that the appointments are spaced too far apart? Are you in too much pain to wait, is it because you feel you can't cope mentally with waiting around, or are you worried that your teeth will get worse by waiting? Or something else?

Hey there. so sorry to here the predicament you are in. Once we find a dentist we like whose patient and caring it’s so hard to be in a position to change. I suppose one of my questions is how urgent is the work you need doing? And is your dentist ever likely to have cancellations?

I have myself had emergency appointments with a different dentist at my own practice as my dentist dosent with their everyday of the week. (An my issues seem to happen on his day off ?) and it feels initially hard to trust someone new but I found it okay seeing them. I explained my fears and nervousness around pain etc and I feel he acknowledged it and adapted.

Hi Fati, why do you feel that next month is too far and that the appointments are spaced too far apart? Are you in too much pain to wait, is it because you feel you can't cope mentally with waiting around, or are you worried that your teeth will get worse by waiting? Or something else?
Hi Letsconnect,
No I don't have any pain.
Exactly what you said, I'm worried that my teeth will get worse by waiting. My teeth condition is awful. I fear some of them start rotting at the root.
there are black spots on the tooth.
A broken tooth. Two wisdom teeth, one of them is horizentally impacted.
I'm so sorry for my teeth.

Tooth decay can usually be stopped by following some simple tips... we've got a page on how to do this here:

It shouldn't be a problem to wait and take things slowly.

If it was me, I'd probably stick with the dentist I like and trust, even if it meant that things take a bit longer. As @Molar_bear suggested, it's worth asking if they can give you a call if they have a cancellation, especially if you're available at short notice!

Hey there. so sorry to here the predicament you are in. Once we find a dentist we like whose patient and caring it’s so hard to be in a position to change. I suppose one of my questions is how urgent is the work you need doing? And is your dentist ever likely to have cancellations?

I have myself had emergency appointments with a different dentist at my own practice as my dentist dosent with their everyday of the week. (An my issues seem to happen on his day off ?) and it feels initially hard to trust someone new but I found it okay seeing them. I explained my fears and nervousness around pain etc and I feel he acknowledged it and adapted.
Thank you so much dear Molar_bear?
In fact I fear my teeth get worse till next month.
And you are right it won't be all bad to visit a new dentist?

Back