• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

my next journey....

Hi hdf2
been checking for updates on you and its good to hear yr doing well!! sorry you still have a sore spot hope it feels better soon you are still very very brave. glad to hear yr eating better now enjoy yr fry ups !!!!
love
emma

aww thanks Emma. I have been busy with visitors here for a week, hence my absence from the forum.

The sore spot is getting better day by day, still a wee bit of bone to work its way out, but I can chew again ( thank goodness) I'm trying to put my weight back on, but everything that is fattening is bad for me lol Cant win can I.

I have a high metabolism and have now started taking a high calorie meal supplement drink daily.

Hi hdf2, I notice right at the beginning of this thread you were talking about moving and mentioned a dentist in Blackpool. Did you ever move there? If so, do you travel all the way to Glasgow for dental appts? Dr Mike sounds fantastic but I live in hope that there must be more than one good dentist in the UK! Was wondering if your investigations in the NorthWest ever got anywhere.

Hi Pally,

Yes we moved down to lancashire in November ( about 40 mins drive from blackpool) and I emailed a dentist in Blackpool, cant remember his full name offhand, but I'm sure he's listed in the " find a dentist" part of this site. ( If you cant find the thread, let me know and I'll check it out on my other email addy ) He sent me a couple of replies and seems really nice, however, i didnt make an appt with him............ purely because, I had been getting advice and support from Dr Mike for a couple of years and was very impressed. So I made an appt to see him......best thing I ever did!

Its not so bad for us having to travel to see Dr Mike.........my partner and I both have family around that area, so we can always make it a short break if need be.

Update..............

having an upper denture isnt bad at all. I BIT into a sandwich last night , instead of cutting it up, and really enjoyed it. Only thing that stopped me before now was the bone slivers working through my gum. ( they are almost gone now)
I had been able to chew after a few days of getting my full upper, but biting into things was a different matter. Soooooo pleased today:cloud9:

I spent last weekend visiting my sons, the first time they have seen me since i had my upper denture and they couldnt tell! Both said how natural my smile is ;D

I spent last weekend visiting my sons, the first time they have seen me since i had my upper denture and they couldnt tell! Both said how natural my smile is ;D

Great news HDF2!:jump:

Back