• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My recent dental procedure...

I

iNezzy

Having suffered dental phobia for many years, and ultimately avoiding the dentist because of it this left my oral health very very poor... I recently managed to finally confront this and arranged for the dental work to be done under sedation (unfortunately this is going to take multiple trips to the dentist and i have just had the second treastment today...)

Today i had the lower right side tooth (the on right before wisdom tooth? not sure of the number or name sorry)

Following this i am not seeing any clotting at all in the extraction site (10 hours from the extraction) Should i be worried or is this normal? The last procedure i had was an upper wisdom removal so i could not notice this to be paranoid about it if this is the case.

Also - I am noticing a substantial pain in the wisdom tooth nearest the extraction site its a very dull pain however if i clench my wisdom teeth on that side it becomes alot more severe, is this normal too?

Thanks for all your help.

If you are concerned talk to your dentist.
What I would do is wait a little bit and see if the pain goes away in 2 days or gets worst . More then 4to 5days I would call its just my suggestion only a dentist knows the scope of it

If i was to provide a picture, would someone beable to take a look and give me some sort of opinion? As its a holiday weekend here its very difficult to get into the dentist until tuesday, and of course i dont perticularly like going to the dentist :S

The dentist would be able to help you most I'm not a expert sorry.
The dentist have years of study to be able to do this hard work
Sorry

Going along with what everyone else said, even though you don't like going to the dentist you will probably have to see them to see how it's healing up. I would suggest calling first and explaining the whole thing over the phone and seeing what the dentist has to say.

Back