• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My root canal sometimes hurts when chewing/pushing my tongue on the roof of my mouth.

C

Cordath

My root canal sometimes hurts when chewing/pushing my tongue on the roof of my mouth.

I got a root canal done back in October of 2015, and haven't had any problem with it until now. No pain, no nothing. I haven't got a crown on it yet, although I am planning on getting it done fairly soon. Recently however, I've begun to notice some pain in the tooth's general area on occasion when chewing or pressing my tongue onto my palette. The tooth is a molar on the bottom left side of my mouth, 3rd from the back. I'm 17, and have already gotten my wisdom teeth removed. Any thoughts? It may also be worth noting that my parents are very much into alternative medicine, and strongly disapprove of some of the procedures performed by doctors and dentists. (Fluoride and mainstream toothpaste especially.) Poor dental health has always run in my family, and as such has become something that I fear greatly. Just thinking about something having gone wrong scares the crap out of me.

Thanks

~Will

Re: My root canal sometimes hurts when chewing/pushing my tongue on the roof of my mouth.

Hi, I am sorry for the pain you have. You should have gotten the crown as soon as possible because the root canal tooth is very weak and easy to break. SInce now you have pain when applied pressure on the tooth, I suspect there might be some crack or fracture on the tooth. Please go visit dentist as soon as possible

Back