• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My son lost his front incisor

M

mallenadam45

Former Member
Hi, This is Melissa. Last week my son tripped over stairs and lost his front incisor. Now he has lost his beautiful smile. I sought advice from my neighbor and he suggested veneers. When I took a visit to our nearby clinic the dentist over there suggested getting the dental implant services. I searched online and took a comparison the veneers and implants. I'm totally confused. Which procedure would be suitable for him? My son is just 12 years old. I know that veneers come under the cosmetic dentistry. Is it safe to have a cosmetic procedure at his age? What are the pros and cons of both the procedures? I remember once my friend has told me that she had too much stress and forces on the implants. Is that true? Kindly share your suggestions and genuine replies. Thank you.

I think that if you’re concerned you might want to take him to another dentist for a 2nd opinion. The decision about which is best is made based on many factors and nobody here can tell you what to do.

Implants are definitely not the solution if your kid is only 12 years old. Natural teeth moves when the skeleton is still growing but implants do not move. I would recommend getting a second opinion if this dentist honestly considered an implant at this stage. If the entire tooth has completely come out then a denture or bridge would be the best option just now and then an implant when he is about 21 years of age and stopped growing.

Back