• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

My strange and unusual dental journey (root canal, wisdom tooth, filling and more)

M

MountainMama

It seems my premolar (next to the molat that have retreatment RCT) really have issue. I am on holiday now and it really pain and now start have gum abscess. I took emergency antibiotik and painkiller before seeing doctor. It seems it will have RCT as well. Why it happened at same time :(
Oh no! How awful. It all happened at once for me. I really thought I was going to lose all my teeth for awhile, as one after another had issues. It is bad for me, since root canals don't work on me.

R

Rio I

It seems my premolar (next to the molat that have retreatment RCT) really have issue. I am on holiday now and it really pain and now start have gum abscess. I took emergency antibiotik and painkiller before seeing doctor. It seems it will have RCT as well. Why it happened at same time :(
So finally last week i went to dentist and it found out my pre molar need to do RCT as well (ouch) and dentist can do in one visit. So i will need to redo new crowning for 2 tooth, for Molar that bee Re-RCT and premolar.
Now on my horror i found another hole on my other side of Molar (left side), it start give discomfort and i just hope no more RCT : (
why it suddenly so continuously this problem

M

MountainMama

Looks like I am not done yet, unfortunately. My left lower jaw has still been aching, but now the first molar has actually started hurting. It zinged a few times yesterday when eating a baked potato, which wasn't even that warm, but the heat got it. It has started having a dull pain in the tooth.

Given my history, I am not ready to go back to the dentist. I know it will end up coming out in the end. I just have to decide if I go straight to extraction or if I try and do something else first in the hopes that it works this time. I just can't afford to throw money at it if it ends up like the others. I also have no molars on the other side and no front tooth right now, so when this one comes out, I won't be chewing at all.

A

AshNaz

Mountain Mama - I am so sorry. I know so well how hard all of this is and how it can totally wear on you. Just know that I will be thinking about you and wishing you the best. I am still eating on one side of my mouth - going on six months now and still reasonably soft foods - we should share recipes :) It will end at some point even though it doesnt feel like that right now.

M

MountainMama

I am 3 months past extraction of front tooth and implants in front tooth and lower right first molar.

Pain is pretty much gone with those areas. I still get some jaw and tooth pain on the lower left side.
Weird thing is that right behind the front tooth extraction site, in the gums, there is a sensitivity. It isn’t painful as much as strange feeling when pressure is applied, even just a light brush of food over it. It feels like a bruise but also a tingling sensation almost like when you hit your elbow and get the funny one. It must be nerve related and I hope it doesn’t impact the implant when the crown goes in

M

MountainMama

I had the implants for my front tooth and bottom molar uncovered today and tested. They both passed the torque test! Healing caps were put on. I had nitrous throughout the appointment. They must have had the nitrous up higher than usual because most of the appointment was a blur. I remember the shots and when the surgeon came in, but most of it was like a dream, like I knew I was dreaming but couldn’t quite pull myself out of. At one point I remembered that I could breathe through my mouth to lose the nitrous effect so I did that and then immediately realized I didn’t really want to be aware and closed my eyes again. Luckily the nitrous took away the anxiety so it was more of a “hmm, this isn’t pleasant...think I will go back to a nap” feeling. After that, I just kept my eyes closed but was following the oral surgeon and his assistant’s conversation.
I called the dentist and they scheduled me for January 28th for impressions. I may have my new teeth by end of February!

A

AshNaz

I am so happy for you! I am a few months behind you for my impact for my failed RC so I am happy that things are going well.

B

Birmanclaws

So glad everything is OK and you are on the path for your final crowns.