• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

My success (UK)

G

Former Member
After many years of not going to the dentist, I have finally managed to overcome my fear and have been having treatment for the past couple of months. I still have a long way to go because my teeth are in a terrible mess but I am now noticing that after every visit my confidence is growing as my oral health is improving.

I have found these phobia sites to be life saving especially when feeling low, because it helps to know that other people have been in a similar situation to me.

With hindsight, I realise that much of my problem was down to my reluctance to ask for help or support which made me feel more and more isolated as time went on. I realise that coaching might not suit everyone but sharing your thoughts with someone who can relate to your fears really does help.

It feels strange after all this time to be able to write the word dentist and not feel terrified and panicky at the very sight of the word. It is also a bit strange that I look forward to my dental appointments now because I can't wait for my teeth to be fixed and to be able to smile again :)

Back