• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

my upper denture i got in January does not fit properly

C

Cheryl's

I got 4 teeth pulled in January and got my upper denture It never fit properly n Dr didn't help. It was obvious that it had a problem not my complaints. So I waited 6 months like he said with numerous visits until then. He wanted me to pay $350 for a relign. The right side is so thin I have to put at least 1/16 or more glue to just get that even. My bite has been wobbly the whole time. Even after I glue it I get a lot of air. I did not want to pay that much money for something that is more than just gum swelling. I cannot take it out at night cause when I close my mouth n my upper jaw touches MY bottom teeth it hurts like h%%&*. The tissue directly in front that hangs down has been painful always. His solution is to grind more of the V in front to accommodate. I still can't bite. Have to cut food small. Pain in roof of mouth too. He finally admitted that it is ill fittings n he made o new one. Went to pick it up last week n it is even worse than the original. He told me to just use more glue cause he doesn't see anything wrong with it. I left it n told recep I'm not happy. Doc called. He said what do you want me to do. I just want a denture that fits. N my gums to heal. I have appt today n need help to get what I deserve. A denture that fits. I have bipolar n I'm bout ready to snap
Any suggestions HELP please

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

I am so sorry no one has been able to get back to you before now. This is very bad service and it is wrong. Firstly put your full complaint down in writing and explain from start to finish in detail what has happened to you at the hands of this dentist. He shouldn't be asking you what to do that is his job. Post it to the practice manager and see what response you get back from them.

Once you have a reply which they have to do you can take it from there. You don't have to put up with this. I am in the UK I aren't sure where you are in the world. Where ever you are this is where you start :butterfly:

Back