• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

my wisdom tooth extraction experience

I

Ixitixl

So i went to a dentist because i needed a cavity on one tooth. She looked at my other teeth and told me that i have a healthy impacted wisdom tooth that i should extract or it could cause me problems after 5, 10 years or nobody knows when. I did my research on the internet and i was terrified by what pains people go through. I told her and she said "IT'S BULLSHIT! PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET ARE IGNORANT! THAT IS NOT THAT TYPE OF SURGERY!" So i trusted her and i went to the surgery...then came dry socket, 2 months of pain, antibiotics, pain killers and other nasty pills, feeling so sick as if i would die, i found out what is post surgery nausea even tho my dentist had claimed "that is not that type of surgery" My mistake, instead of trusting her, i should have trusted all of you guys what you had written here, all those terrifying stories that are right. I still remember after i got the dry socket and i was in pain the surgeon smiled and said "that is not as if u had a cut on your leg skin and you had 2 stiches" OKAY MISTER BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE WARNED OFF ME BEFORE! Four months later, i still feel a bit spaced out, not in perfect health, pains here and there in the body cause of all the medicine and other teeth enemel weakened. General health lowered but before the surgery the dentist had claimed "that is not that type of surgery, that is just a small cut in the gums, and people do it all the time and its something quite routine for the doctor...men are so fearful and incompetent"....

Hi Ixitixl,
thank you for sharing your experience.
I'm sorry for your pain.:cry:

I had my two left wisdom teeth removed 10 days ago and fortunately I had no problem and just a little pain and now it's all fine :)

Thank you for sharing your experience of tooth extraction. I think whole procedure is very painful. Take care.

Back