• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with an extreme fear of the dentist or dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Name of the paper-packed plastic tool sold in pharmacies used to hook out the thing punctured into t

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poprox

taking a break from the forum
Name of the paper-packed plastic tool sold in pharmacies used to hook out the thing punctured into t

Can anyone pls tell me the name of the paper-packed plastic tool sold in pharmacies used to hook out the thing punctured into the gums by the dentist so that I can buy some online immediately?

coolin

coolin

Forum Buddy
Re: Name of the paper-packed plastic tool sold in pharmacies used to hook out the thing punctured in

Do you mean a dental pick or dental probe?
Although to be honest I'm a bit worried about what you are going to do with it :confused:

Why don't you tell us what the problem is - you can guarantee that at least one of us has been in your position at some point ;)
Cheers
Coolin

P

poprox

Re: Name of the paper-packed plastic tool sold in pharmacies used to hook out the thing punctured in

No, it's not a dental pick or probe.

coolin

coolin

Forum Buddy

Is this a trick question?
If not you need to be a bit more specific......

Kim

Kim

Feels a bit like 'is it a film, is it a book, is it a play'? Maybe I go into things in too much detail, but this is certainly not the case here.

coolin

coolin

Forum Buddy

http://sgforums.com/forums/8/topics/460605

I'm assuming that was you ?
I would like to help you - really I would.
So - a question - what is in your gum that you are trying to remove?

C

comfortdentist

Verified dentist

After many years of practice the only thing that I have ever punctured into the gums was either a needle for an injection, a dental implant, or a tissue punch when taking a small "cookie cutter bit of tissue off. I have no idea of anything else.

P

poprox

Do you mean a dental pick or dental probe?
Although to be honest I'm a bit worried about what you are going to do with it :confused:

Why don't you tell us what the problem is - you can guarantee that at least one of us has been in your position at some point ;)
Cheers
Coolin

A dental pick or probe would be able to hook this small solid tubular thing with a solid loop at one end punctured fully into the gums out of the gums, but I will need someone's help. I believe you know what I'm referring to. It's something people dread. The paper-packed plastic tool is designed/made specially to hook the small solid loop to hook this thing out of the gums quite easily on someone's own. I hope this helps me in getting the name soon. I had done a lot of searching on the internet for its name before I post here, it's just not useful as there are not much pictures and information of it on the internet unless you know its exact name.

Last edited:
M

misti

hi poprox,
are you talking about the stitches left by the dentist when he sewed your gum after an extraction?
if you want to remove the stitches, it is best to go back to the dentist to get it done safely. if you used any kind of tool, you may infect the area and make it hard to heal. please see a dentist. take care. hope you will find help soon.

P

poprox

Not stitches.

biffo1963

biffo1963

It should have sunk in by now that no-one so far has the foggiest idea what you have stuck in your gums or why it is there. Do you have a denture or bridge retained by clasps, which you are having trouble removing ? Or maybe braces ? Sorry, but in order to help we need to know what it is you are trying to deal with.

carole

carole

Forum Buddy

Looks like we are all baffled about this, including comfortdentist and if anyone would know it would be him, so we need more information if you want our help, or advice. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

This reminds me of the question, how do you keep a fool in suspense? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Are you playing with us? ;)

We like games :giggle::giggle::giggle:

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member

Can you post a photo of the thing that's stuck in your gums? Knowing what you're trying to remove would really help :)

P

poprox

Can you post a photo of the thing that's stuck in your gums? Knowing what you're trying to remove would really help :)

They're fully inside my gums, I don't have a photo of it, having a photo of it will allow me to search for similar images with the name on them using the Google image search function uploading the photo solving my problem.

Last edited:
biffo1963

biffo1963

Looks like we are all baffled about this, including comfortdentist and if anyone would know it would be him, so we need more information if you want our help, or advice. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

This reminds me of the question, how do you keep a fool in suspense? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Absolutely, Carole ! Starting to wonder if he/she lives under a bridge and harasses passing billy-goats.......:sherlock:

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member

If you say that they're fully inside your gums, do you mean they are invisible to you? If so, how would you be able to hook them out?

P

poprox

Absolutely, Carole ! Starting to wonder if he/she lives under a bridge and harasses passing billy-goats.......:sherlock:

Stop being a troll.

P

poprox

Feels a bit like 'is it a film, is it a book, is it a play'? Maybe I go into things in too much detail, but this is certainly not the case here.

I will actually like useful people to post here.

P

poprox

You must be insane!!

Kim

Kim

I think it's time to bosh this one on the head - you have no idea how much the people on this site both help people, want to help people and have helped people. I feel you are now getting a tad rude, and so for that reason - I am out!

I would like to think that at least one of us, whether qualified or not would be able to have gone some way towards solving this mystery, but at this stage of the game, it seems we haven't, so I am sorry if you feel I have been a useless as a chocolate fireguard, because that was not my aim.

I hope you are able to get the help that you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.