• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need a NHS dentist in Hertfordshire for my very nervous 15 year old daughter

D

dkelly169

Need a NHS dentist in Hertfordshire for my very nervous 15 year old daughter

My daughter has always been very nervous about going to the dentist, but last time she went [4 months ago] she had a particularly bad experience which has left her petfified and although she is not due to go for another 2 months. She is already getting very anxious.

Does anyone know of anywhere

thanks in advance

Re: Need a NHS dentist in Hertfordshire for my very nervous 15 year old daughter

You could always try Lincoln Hirst who answers questions on here:

What went wrong at her last visit?

Re: Need a NHS dentist in Hertfordshire for my very nervous 15 year old daughter

Hi

We have a few recommendations for dentists in Hertfordshire and you can find them here:

Unfortunately most of the recommendations on here tend to be private rather than NHS. This is mainly due to private dentists being able to spend more time with patients to not only provide any treatment needed, but also to listen and help them overcome their fears. Having said that, not all private practices charge the same, so it does pay to 'shop around' until you find somewhere that you're happy with.

If you're anywhere near Welwyn Garden City, we do have some very positive feedback for Lincoln Hirst at Beehive Dental Practice (Lincoln is also one of our moderators and very kindly answers questions in our Dentistry Questions section):

If you need to find an NHS dentist, the best place to look is the NHS website at:

Hope this helps and if your daughter needs any information or support, you are welcome to post in our support section too. :)

Back