• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need advice as I haven't look after my teeth in years.

A

Aaron Hough

Hey I've been suffering with mental illness for a long time now and I've really let myself go it's hard for me to even book an appointment over the phone nevermind going into a dentist. I've recently went in and had a check up because I had an infected tooth which they took out straight away.

What toothpaste and mouthwash would you recommend because my gums get inflamed and bleed when I brush and it is uncomfortable at times thank you in advance

You will need to start with a cleaning from a dental hygienist to help get the gums in a better situation. The hygienist can give you their recommendations for those products.

For now, here are recommendations on readings:

Thank you very much for the information it's appreciated, take care geos

Just went out and bought myself a colgate 360 toothbrush if they are any good. Thank you it was making me feel sick to the stomach but I feel 10x better. And the staff was very welcoming and friendly

Back