• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need advice/support/hugs right now.

L

laurapeepee

I last went to the dentist just under 2 years ago but I know I've still got gum disease and stupidly didn't attend the appointment to have two molars taken out under GA.

Well since Friday one of the molars (crackedbelow the gum line, gum growing over) has started bleeding. I'm sure it's stopping and starting but not constant but there's a bump next to it that I think is an abcess. No pain. Just blood and a horrid taste in my mouth. Probably not helped by me probing it all the time.

I've always suffered with dental phobia but I also have bad postpartum anxiety at the moment, mostly focused around my health. I haven't slept in days. I can barely eat. I feel sick and shaky. I'm going to try and get an emergency appointment tomorrow but its always dicey with the nhs. At this point id happily accept them taking it out under local there and then because I can't live like this. I think it's beyond saving (the tooth) I just don't get why it would be bleeding from the inside now when it never has before in all this time. GA extraction is out of the question because I'm currently breastfeeding plus I don't think I could wait the time it takes for an apppintment.

I don't really know what questions I want to ask. Does this sound like an infection? My heads all over the place.

Hello :) I just wanted to reply to this because I have been going through the same thing I am ashamed to admit :redface:. I have a lower molar that is decayed below the gum line and does not even resemble a tooth anymore. Avoiding getting it taken care of because of my fear. I know this is not the greatest reply in the world but you are not alone :XXLhug:

Back