• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need advice

A

Aaron Hough

Hey I went for a dental check up and I have a hole in my tooth it doesn't hurt but I can feel pressure on that side of my face. I have a dental appointment coming up on the 19th and was wondering if this is anything serious that I need to get it checked out asap or it will be fine for me to wait to my next appointment. My dentist is closed for today and tomorrow. I'm worrying and don't want to put up with toothpain

Hi
I think as long as you have that upcoming appointment and it’s not causing you discomfort you should be ok. If you notice any swelling in your face, develop a fever or a lump on your gums consistent with an abcess I would see if you can get in sooner. I’m not a dentist but sounds Like decay to me. Good luck, hope it stays pain free Until you get it looked at

When I was feeling pressure but not pain, I needed a root canal. But my tooth had been dead for a long time apparently due to “abnormal anatomy” that allowed bacteria in, the endodontist said.

If there’s a hole then likely needs a filling I’d assume? But if pain isn’t there then it can probably wait til your appointment. If you’re worried, you could call the dentist when they’re open and see if they can get you in sooner

Hey guys thank you for taking time to reply I appreciate it, phoned my dentist up this morning and they've given me an appointment next Tuesday to check over it while my next appointment.
No pain it seems to be a lot better today and most of the pressure I was experiencing has gone away, still feel a bit of discomfort but that's to be expected ibuprofen seems to do the trick and completely gets rid of the pain if there is any. It is decay unfortunately so being extra careful eating on that side

Would yous mind if I posted a picture of it on this thread so see I it's swelling?

Hi Aaron, we prefer for people not to post photos in the "Support" section as some of our members find it very very difficult to even read about dental things, never mind seeing pictures. Not sure if we should relax this rule in this day and age though ?‍♀️

Do you see any swelling in your face? If not, then it's highly unlikely that anyone else will either!

Back