• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need dental work but prone to dry sockets, is this dangerous???

T

Torcol

I am considering getting 24 teeth extracted all at once and immediate dentures.
I have had about six teeth pulled over the years and four got dry sockets. What happens if I get a mouthful of dry sockets??? I have extreme anxiety and have literally gotten up and left after the doctor gave me novacain and left the room! I take no meds due to medical anxiety so I am petrified!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Torcol, sorry you didn't get any replies till now.. it might be a good idea to talk to your dentist about exactly this. There might be some precautions or a course of treatment that makes it less probable or make it possible to treat complications without you having to suffer.
A good relationship and communication with your dentist is even more important if you can't take any anxiety meds. Did your dentist recommend you to get the teeth extracted?

Last edited:
did you consider an overdenture? They are more comfortable

Back