• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need help and no insurance

G

Gfan

Hi everyone.. so I'm a 41 year old female with absolutley terrible teeth. Ive been putting off the dentist for years because I know that I need dentures and just couldn't come to terms with that. Now I've been having pain daily and I'm so sick of what I see when I look in the mirror. The only problem is is that now I don't have a job because of the pandemic which means no insurance ??
Are there any affordable dental insurance companies that you know of? I'm in the U.S. I just can't keep going on like this. Every day I wonder if it will be the day for another tooth to break. I'm so depressed about it and don't even want to leave the house anymore. Money is super tight so I don't have much to pay out of pocket ?

Is Care Credit an option? I used that to pay what my insurance didn't.

Hi Gfan,

what a difficult situation. Dental treatment can be costly even without a pandemic, but the situation now makes it all even worse. I don't have any direct advice, but we have two threads here that talk about the options in US. You may find some ideas there:

All the best wishes

Enarete posted some good links. Where I used to live was very rural and the dentist that I used to go to had a free clinic day to those who qualified. There were also dental schools that would come to the area and do dental checkups for the kids at school (free to anyone who wanted to sign up) once a year.
There are resources out there, depending on where you live.

Back