• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need Help Fast. Any Dentists On Board?

T

thewomanwrites

Hello,

I posted the other day regarding my procedure tomorrow morning under IV sedation.

I've gotten conflicting info as to what I'm supposed to take prior. I have one valium to take this evening to help me sleep.

In addition, I have a bottle of Halcion - 6 in all. When I called today to confirm how and when I take this, I was told to take one Halcion and bring the rest to the office. (Huh?)

Meanwhile, on the bottle, it says to take four one hour prior to the procedure. Each Halcion is 0.125 MGs.

The pharmacist seems to think this is a mistake. I called the dentist, but it's after hours and they leave no emergency number!!

Please, is there a dentist here that can tell me what the hell I'm supposed to do? My procedure is at 7 a.m. and I'm supposed to take these pills at 6 a.m.

I would be most grateful for any help. I'm really upset here.

Thank you.

I'm not a dentist but I can tell you what was given to me when I went thru oral surgery just over two weeks ago. I was given two tabs of Halcion.... they were .25 mg each. I was told to take ONE at bedtime and ONE one hour prior to surgery. Yours are a smaller dosage per tab so taking four of them would be twice as much as what I had taken. Hope an expert will speak up here and ease your mind.

nosmokin2

I'm not a dentist, either, but I, too, had oral surgery two weeks ago. I was given four .125 tablets of Halcion. I was to take two an hour before the appointment and was given the other two (one at a time, 15 minutes apart) sub-lingually once I got to the dentist's office.

For my appointment in July, I was given the same Rx, but took just one before the appointment and the others at the dentist's office. My dentist upped the dose the hour before for the second appointment because I'm resistant to sedatives.

Four seems to be quite a few, but I'm not a health professional by any means. I hope somebody can give you official, professional advice before your appointment tomorrow.

I hope your appointment today went well.
Please let us know how you got on, after you've had a good rest :XXLhug:

Back