• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need help fast

N

Nick6776

This is my second post. I am in immediate help from a dentist, not been to a dentist in about 10 years. My teeth have become so bad that even eating is becoming hard, i cant communicate with people very well because i try to hide my teeth so people dont see the state of them, which is why i dont have many friends. I cant talk to anyone about my teeth and whats happened to them because i am embarrassed of them, if someone mentions my teeth to me i change the subject quickly. I am only 29 and my teeth are cracked, broken and so many holes all over the place. I have a massive phobia of the dentist and its ruined my life and dont know if i csn live like this for much longer, i need help from people going through the same.

Hi Nick,

I have pm'd you with a list of dentists that take phobic patients in your area. As I said I was, and still am going through the same as you.

Believe me, the visit to the dentist won't be bad at ALL. You're conflating it in your head and it's the worst thing in the world. It won't be anything like that. They make things completely painless. They're not judgmental about the state of your mouth. I recently started going to the dentist after avoiding it for 17 years. I just made sure to warn them about the state of my mouth ahead of time. For some reason as long as they know what they're about to see it doesn't bother me as much. They were slightly surprised at how long it had been since I had visited a dentist, but they took it all in stride. I need 9 fillings, they're doing the first set this coming Tuesday. I'm nervous. You can't help the nervousness, but you can focus your mind on reality, and the positives. It isn't going to be a bad experience. You're starting the process of getting your teeth in good condition again. Imagine not having to hide your teeth, or change the subject when it's brought up. Think of the end result. You can most definitely do this. Just make the first appointment! I'm going through Aspen Dental. They're a big company with many offices around the country. Try searching them out, I'm having very positive experiences with them. Good luck to you!

Back