• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need info please to get me going - broken Wisdom tooth misery

J

jbay

First - thanks for taking the time to read...

I won't go into the sad details, but I've spent 15+ stupid years letting my mouth go, and one issue and built on another. The worst of which may now force me to go get it all taken care of.

I've had a broken lower molar for 10 years. Abscess with it once or twice, but just took drugs. Haven't chewed on that side for all those years! Only soft food too. Absurd I know. But this isn't my main concern...

About 2 years ago the top wisdom tooth on the other side broke, maybe half of it gone. No pain so I ignored. About 6 months ago nearly all of it broke away. I can feel one very tiny little sharp part above gum, but nothing else. At first that didnt' hurt so I ignored it, but then pain started. Been dealing with it for a few months if you can believe it. There are times with little pain but others with the nerves in my face hurt. I can feel skin/gum filling up most of the hole (not sure how). Other parts of my mouth now hurt too.

Anyway, besides all the obvious issues my major concern now is how the heck they'll remove it. I know wisdom teeth are harder to pull, so with nearly nothing there now what?

Because of allergy issues I really don't want to go under, so a local would be a preference.

Oh how I wish I had gone a hear a go so they could just yank it out, but I have many regrets.

Sorry! I tried to keep it short, but basically at the end of a 15 year journey that has lowered my quality of life and put me in a bad spot. I'm fairly distraught, disgusted and confused.

Thank you again for any and all info you can give me. I don't even know where to start.

Both of my upper wisdom teeth broke and I wondered the same thing, too, but they managed to pull them with no problems at all. :thumbsup: I wish everyone could go to the oral surgeon I did, he is wonderful and kind. Hopefully yours will go as smoothly as mine did, please don't be afraid, you don't deserve this pain. :XXLhug:

Back