• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Need RCT, but have to wait 3 weeks.

E

Erynn178

I have had a cavity in a molar that I waited too long to fill, due to my terrible anxiety, and now need a root canal. I was displeased how I was treated at my last dental office for waiting (I already know I shouldn't have waited, but I don't need to be scolded about it) so I went to a new office where the initial appointment was just for xrays. Due to covid they are doing a telehealth exam then the work after that. They are not able to get me in for 3 weeks, but did give me an antibiotic and pain reliever in the meantime. But I feel that the tooth may be slightly loose and it just feels weird in my mouth. I haven't chewed on that side and have been as careful as possible. But I'm freaking out about having to wait 3 more weeks. Will it be ok or do I need to worry about losing the tooth? That's my biggest fear. Should I be trying to get in somewhere else sooner?

It'll be fine, as long as you aren't in too much pain?

It'll be fine, as long as you aren't in too much pain?
No my pain is pretty well managed. I can just tell the tooth is unhappy since it's towards the front of my mouth and my tongue rests against it. I was just worried because I think it might be slightly loose and I don't want to end up losing it.

If it's got an abscess on it then it may feel a bit mobile, doesn't mean it's going to fall out or anything though.

If it's got an abscess on it then it may feel a bit mobile, doesn't mean it's going to fall out or anything though.
Is it safe to brush it as normal while I wait to get it treated?

Yes absolutely.

Back