Need some advice/information.

I

iaisis

Hello, I'm not sure if this is an appropriate topic for this forum or site, but i cannot seem to find any Canadian dental forums, and I'm looking for any help/info on Canadian(specifically Albertan) procedures and or assistance in excessive dental work.
So with that being said. Let me start by saying I'm a 30 year old male, and i have severely rotten teeth. Through neglect and drug use(clean for 6 years now) i have let my teeth enter a state of extreme decay(were talking little black stumps). Now my only option is to have them all removed and replaced with dentures. I have health care and insurance that covers dental at 80%, but only to a maximum of $1000 a year. Now in the past i have gone in to have them assessed and it put the bill for the procedure at around $2000. I live alone and do not make enough money to save promptly for this operation. So i am wondering a few things. Is there a program or form of government assistance for someone in my predicament ? Will it still be possible to(simply) pull my teeth, or will i require surgical removal ? I would assume that to cost much more. Because of this state i am in i have daily fevers that only vary on severity as well as pain, soreness of my gums and swelling in my face. I have trouble eating many many foods as it causes me pain to chew. I constantly worry that if left i will suffer some far more devastating, and permanent affliction. So my final question would be. Does any of this fall away from the dental, and into the medical realm ? Possibly opening up other options for financial assistance. There is also the mental aspect in this as well. As you can imagine this doesn't do wonders for ones self esteem. Having a mouth full of death isn't very attractive, and i would be hard pressed to believe no one notices something so blatantly in there face. I have lived quite some time with this, and am at a state where i can no longer take it. So i am asking if anyone could help me out in how abouts to rectify this. Thank you for you time, and i hope someone out there has the answers that i need.

IAISIS

D

DrBizarro

Because of this state i am in i have daily fevers that only vary on severity as well as pain, soreness of my gums and swelling in my face.

Fevers and swelling mean infection. Because of this you might be able to get away with going to the ER and having them pull everything. At the least they will give you some antibiotics and pain killers (uh oh, opiates). Getting actual dentures to replace your teeth will be the expensive part.

You sound like you literally have (or will soon) a mouth full of death. Get antibiotics ASAP if its the only thing you do.

brit

brit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree you should try hospital route on emergency basis. It sounds like the dental is bordering on the medical already. Borrow money if you have to, you are worth more than a couple of thousand dollars.:XXLhug: