• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

need to stick a bridge back in

S

scifiemz

hi everyone. After years of seeing dentists that just don't understand my fear I've now completely given up going to them, (please don't try and convince me otherwise) sadly on Tue my temporary bridge fell out (my bridge and the story behind it is part of the reason i now wont step foot in side another dentist ever again), its now put back in but how its staying there is anyone's guess. what i need to know is what product can i use to stick it back in so that it stays please. As having a gap there just makes me freak out and cry hysterically. can anyone recommend a product please.
many thanks x

Where are you? Maybe someone who lives near you can recommend a caring dentist they have found. I so hope this site together can find one for you because I don't think you can wear a temporary bridge forever. I know you're upset. Hugs.

thank you Champ , but sadly i really can not face going to another dentist after the last few years of being scrared half to death by dentist which really just dosn't get just how terrifed i am.
I live in suffolk but can't afford anything other that NHS treatment.
thank you but i really just need to know how to stick it back in so that it stays. x

I wish I knew the answer to that. All I can do is send a hug.

We have a page on DIY dentistry here, it includes a very good video with instructions:

Nothing you can do at home will be a permanent (or even semi-permanent) fix though.

From your previous posts, it sounds as if you've tried hard to get help from a number of dentists, but things didn't work out for you. As @champ said, it won't be possible to keep this temp bridge going in the long run. One option would be to ask your GP for a referral to a psychologist. A psychologist could then support you with this difficult situation and also help you find a suitable dentist. Might be worth a try? I know things are difficult at the moment with COVID etc. ?

thank you for the link :) managed to miss this.
i admit I've given up on dentists, there is only so many horrible experiences one person can have before throwing in the towel.
my GP dose know im terrified of dentists but the only option she has given me is Diazepam.
thank you for all your help x

We have a page on DIY dentistry here, it includes a very good video with instructions:

?
I've just finished reading the above and have found Kerr TempBond NE on ebay, i will be trying that thank you.
blessings xxx

If you like, you could try asking your GP for a referral? Hope the temp stuff works in the meantime ?

Back