• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Needed: people who are prepared to do radio interviews etc.!

letsconnect

letsconnect

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here would like to help with raising the profile of dental phobia in the media. I occasionally get requests from places such as BBC radio asking for people who are prepared to talk about their fears, or dental phobia more generally. If anyone here would be interested in helping out, please don't hesitate to drop us a note!

The interviews etc. are sometimes live, sometimes pre-recorded, so if you have any preference (also time-wise), let us know.

We also sometimes get requests from magazines who want to do articles about dental phobia; again, if you're interested in taking part, please let us know.

Please use this contact form if you'd be interested in spreading the word and making a difference:

Personally, I'm absolutely terrified of public speaking, and would be eternally grateful if some of the good people on here might be prepared to help out.

scaredstiff has done a couple of features in the past and I'm really grateful to her for having the courage to "go public" :thumbsup:.

A huge thank you in advance to anyone who would like to help out with this :respect:

I've agreed to do a live radio interview for an Irish station on Monday at about 10am. You can get it online at [out-of-date newstalk.ie link removed]
My turn to be anxious! Any advice?!
DrMike

Hope you didn't mind me passing on your contact details :redface:... advice? Just be your usual charming self :innocent: and you can't go far wrong :)!! Do you know what sorts of questions they're going to ask?

I'm happy to do anything I can in the media to raise awareness.

They said that they want to do 'why do we fear the dentist'.

They will chat about the causes of dental fear and ways we can overcome them.

The show is the Tom Dunne show which is a very popular mid-morning show.

I think I've got about 10 minutes- so I'll do my best to plug dentalfearcentral and cover as much as I can!!

Dammit I only managed to catch the last 2 or 3 minutes :( - but those were excellent ;D! Great job :thumbsup:!!!

yeah it went prettywell.there was so much i didnt get to say tho!
it isreally hard when ujust have 10mins and the questions are quite direct.
i got a good mention for dentalfearcental tho!!
welcome to anyone who is here who heard about the forum on the tom dunne radio show!

i have asked them to email me acopy so i will pass it on
am in internet cafe just now-will post more about the interview next week
mike

Back