• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Nervous About Implants

C

Chloe06

I know that I am on the road to getting dental implants, but I am so nervous because I can't stay off Google... Can someone who has received these before tell me about recovery time? How many days will I need to take off work? Will the implants not really feel like regular teeth? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

With all of mine, I was sore the day that I got the implant put in, but felt pretty good the next day. My recovery pamphlet said to take it easy the first 12 to 24 hours…no vigorous exercise but everything else as normal. I went to my daughters basketball game the following day.
They do feel like real teeth after awhile but they also don’t in some ways. It doesn’t have hot or cold feeling or any feeling in the crown obviously since the tooth is gone. However you can chew on them just as you would a regular tooth and that doesn’t feel different.

Back